Tan Premium Soft top

Pawpaw#1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 CRV & Accord
Yes, nine weeks as of today. At this point I would take any top that had a jeep attached!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Laststand

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Just wanted to follow up on this and see if there was any clarity on the tan top option.

- Apparently Jeep Cares stated it would be available to order on April 2nd - yesterday. Is it?
- People have commented that it was removed from the configurator on jeep.com. I just checked and it's currently listed as an option. If it was ever removed, it's back.
- Someone mentioned that the tan top option would require the 2.0L engine (which would be insane) - however, the on-line configurator doesn't require it. Any truth to this dependency?

Thanks for any info!
If the 2.0L is required for the tan top, my plan is to place my order with the 3.6L and standard top and have my dealer order the tan top as a stand alone order through the parts department. I am assuming cost will be the same as long as a stand alone order for the top is not more than ordering one as an option. Anyway since I want a 2 door JL with tan top I may grow another year older before it's available at the rate Jeep is going - heck I may just wait and get a 2019 if the delays get any longer:).

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If the 2.0L is required for the tan top, my plan is to place my order with the 3.6L and standard top and have my dealer order the tan top as a stand alone order through the parts department. I am assuming cost will be the same as long as a stand alone order for the top is not more than ordering one as an option. Anyway since I want a 2 door JL with tan top I may grow another year older before it's available at the rate Jeep is going - heck I may just wait and get a 2019 if the delays get any longer:).
It is a lot more to order the top separately. The standalone price for the premium soft top is over $2,000.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/twill-soft-top-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-2-door

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Bestop should offer replacement skins sometime in the future. I would guess it would be $800 or less
He said his plan was to order it through the dealer's parts department. That means stock top, which he said he assumed cost would be the same as the factory option. That assumption is incorrect. Just giving him the information.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
He said his plan was to order it through the dealer's parts department. That means stock top, which he said he assumed cost would be the same as the factory option. That assumption is incorrect. Just giving him the information.
Maybe I misunderstood, but he said he would order the standard top with the Jeep. To me, that meant the basic, standard soft top. If that's the case, he doesnt need to order a whole new top to get tan. Just a tan replacement skin. That's what I was getting at anyway.

Jetpilot03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Dealer told me as of yesterday that the tan top is available. No idea on time frame to deliver.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I don’t see it on the jeep build site.

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Yep. Disappeared from the configurator again

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
I just got a text from my Jeep Dealer Dave Dennis here in Dayton. I called him and he said they received notification that the Premium Tan Soft Top would prevent my jeep build until August. I am afraid that I caved and told him I would get black to try to get my jeep some time this model year. I was able to remove TRMS as well since that is a known restriction as well. I am Mojito! so I was just sitting around in 'C'.

Sorry for the bad news on the tan soft top guys.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Laststand

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Well that just delays my order that much longer. If I have to wait until August I might as well wait and see what the 2019 model brings (other than a price increase:).

ASKobayashi

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I also gave up on waiting and pulled the trigger.. Instead of the tan top, I went with tan seats. Either way I'm excited to get my first jeep!

enright

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Miata
I'm almost afraid to resurface this and ask, but whatever happened to the availability of the tan soft top?

From searching the forum and elsewhere I've been able to determine:

- It was available, then it wasn't
- It was never available
- It is available
- It will never be available
- It's only available with the 4cyl engine (I guess the tan color needs a turbo charger in order to reflect the correct light frequency)

Meanwhile, the on-line build app shows the tan top as an option, with any engine config.

Anyone know the real deal here?

Thanks!

John

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I'm almost afraid to resurface this and ask, but whatever happened to the availability of the tan soft top?

From searching the forum and elsewhere I've been able to determine:

- It was available, then it wasn't
- It was never available
- It is available
- It will never be available
- It's only available with the 4cyl engine (I guess the tan color needs a turbo charger in order to reflect the correct light frequency)

Meanwhile, the on-line build app shows the tan top as an option, with any engine config.

Anyone know the real deal here?

Thanks!

John
When I ordered mine last week I first put it in with the tan premium with the dual top group. Wife (and dealer) talked me out of it, so I'll be adding an aftermarket one later. Mine will be an unlimited Rubicon with the 3.6 and auto and didn't give the dealer any restrictions on ordering it with the tan top.
Sponsored