Sponsored

tailpipe

Bravo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0, 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega CTD, 2019 Roadglide Special, 2015 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 2019 Skidoo Summit X 165, and 2018 Skidoo Summit X 154
anyone drop the tailpipe with the square "sound chamber" and see what it sounds like? I see they make a tailpipe replacement to get rid of the "sound chamber"...

Bravo
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
anyone drop the tailpipe with the square "sound chamber" and see what it sounds like? I see they make a tailpipe replacement to get rid of the "sound chamber"...

Bravo
Couple guys have and they reported no sound change. No other adverse affects either that I recall. I'll probably do it at some point.

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon
I deleted mine, zero and I mean ZERO sound change. I wasn't surprised as I did the same thing (straight pipes DPF back) on a 2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel also with zero sound change.
Jeep Wrangler JL tailpipe MUFFDELETE

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I deleted mine, zero and I mean ZERO sound change. I wasn't surprised as I did the same thing (straight pipes DPF back) on a 2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel also with zero sound change.
Jeep Wrangler JL tailpipe MUFFDELETE
Yeah but it gets rid of that massive box. Not that the delete pipe can't get beat up, but it does give a bit more clearance right?

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon
Yeah... I dunno about that.. It moves the pipe outlet from basically behind the shock area to more toward the middle of the bumper... I put it on and immediately thought this more susceptible to damage when coming down off obstacles. To each his own, I put it on just to have one less set of twists and turns in the exhaust system.
Jeep Wrangler JL tailpipe MUFFDELETE2

Sponsored

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Got rid of my muffler last week using the Dynomax muffler delete 3" pipe. Thought there'd be a sound change - nope.

Hunter

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
Will this give you room to put a recovery hook on the passenger side? I would like to have one to match the driver‘s side hook.

Last edited:

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
Are the muffler delete pipes a bolt on, or do you need to take it to a muffler shop?

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Are the muffler delete pipes a bolt on, or do you need to take it to a muffler shop?
I was on my back under the Jeep and was able to undo the mounts with standard hand tools (sockets, wrenches). I had difficulty removing the rear hanging mount so I used a Sawzall to cut it off. I could have done it without that cut, but it was faster and easier not to do so.

Hunter