SUYT ........ Show Us Your Tools

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
FedEx just dropped of my latest tool. A Milwaukee Mid-Torque Impact. Yesterday, the rapid battery charger and a High Output XC 8.0 arrived.

I had seen several videos with this impact. It did well in all the videos I saw. There was a toe to toe with a similar sized DeWalt where they looked like an even match. I watched enough videos to know I wanted this mid sized impact. The reputation of the bigger Milwaukee impact is legendary and I wanted a battery system that had the flexibility to go up or down from here. The only thing was whether I wanted the bigger one before or after this one. After some mechanic on YouTube said he goes by the 80/20 rule and that this impact got used by him over 80% of the time, my choice was easy.

I snapped in the battery and went out to test it on the lugs of my GMC which are 140 lbs/ft. It zipped them off like nothing. I think its going to get a lot of use. But I think I'm going to get a smaller battery too. The XC8.0 is pretty big and heavy, a little overkill for this little impact. But I got a good deal on the charger/battery combo. Maybe a 5.0 or 4.0?

20200515_152304.jpg

20200515_154935.jpg
Sponsored

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
Very nice, they make good stuff. I have a Milwaukee Sawzall and would like a good impact wrench. I’ll have to check these things out. Thanks for sharing the info.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
FedEx just dropped of my latest tool. A Milwaukee Mid-Torque Impact. Yesterday, the rapid battery charger and a High Output XC 8.0 arrived.

I had seen several videos with this impact. It did well in all the videos I saw. There was a toe to toe with a similar sized DeWalt where they looked like an even match. I watched enough videos to know I wanted this mid sized impact. The reputation of the bigger Milwaukee impact is legendary and I wanted a battery system that had the flexibility to go up or down from here. The only thing was whether I wanted the bigger one before or after this one. After some mechanic on YouTube said he goes by the 80/20 rule and that this impact got used by him over 80% of the time, my choice was easy.

I snapped in the battery and went out to test it on the lugs of my GMC which are 140 lbs/ft. It zipped them off like nothing. I think its going to get a lot of use. But I think I'm going to get a smaller battery too. The XC8.0 is pretty big and heavy, a little overkill for this little impact. But I got a good deal on the charger/battery combo. Maybe a 5.0 or 4.0?

Jeep Wrangler JL SUYT ........ Show Us Your Tools 20200515_154935

Jeep Wrangler JL SUYT ........ Show Us Your Tools 20200515_154935
Milwaukee makes in my opinion the absolute best cordless tools. I’d be heart broken if anything happened to mine and I had to switch back to air. I can tell you id head to the store immediate to get a replacement

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

20200515_152304.jpg

20200515_154935.jpg
Sweet!! I do love me some Milwaukee cordless........ I got this one when my last one died, after 11 years of nearly everyday use.

Jeep Wrangler JL SUYT ........ Show Us Your Tools 572E4957-36C4-45D1-8822-C5B8607BC05F

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Sweet!! I do love me some Milwaukee cordless........ I got this one when my last one died, after 11 years of nearly everyday use.

Jeep Wrangler JL SUYT ........ Show Us Your Tools 572E4957-36C4-45D1-8822-C5B8607BC05F
Nice. I see you got the "one key". I'm a simple guy.

Is that a pitman arm nut?

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I see you got the "one key". I'm a simple guy.

Is that a pitman arm nut?
Lol.... yeah, I got this one for the power, it does stuff I’ll never figure out, ..... I’m low tech guy living in a high tech world, lol...... yes that is a pitman nut from when I put in my sector shaft brace. It was no match, about 5 hammers and spun right off. The hardest part was hanging on so it didn’t break my wrist, lol.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't realize this was an X-rated forum......

Reactions: Sol
OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
This old screwdriver is my favorite tool:

Jeep Wrangler JL SUYT ........ Show Us Your Tools My Favorite Tool

I can't tell you how many hose clamps it's screwed, how many times the wooden handle has been used as a mallet to close paint lids and coax items into place or shape, how many times it's been used as a pry-bar, etc.

I think I appropriated it from my Dad's tool box in the late 80s. Just today, I used it to remove the kabillion push-pins used on the front grill and bumper assemblies of the JL Wrangler.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Lol.... yeah, I got this one for the power, it does stuff I’ll never figure out, ..... I’m low tech guy living in a high tech world, lol...... yes that is a pitman nut from when I put in my sector shaft brace. It was no match, about 5 hammers and spun right off. The hardest part was hanging on so it didn’t break my wrist, lol.
I did mine the old fashion way. I thought I was gonna bust a gut on it.
20200305_143630.jpg

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Everything depends on the off-road distance and TIME of the trek !

035.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

JIMBO

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Everything depends on the off-road distance and TIME of the trek !

Jeep Wrangler JL SUYT ........ Show Us Your Tools 038

JIMBO
If I ever break down, I want YOU to be the one the comes by.
Sponsored