Superchips flashcal programmer question

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Wondering for those who use this programmer can you remove the bypass And replug back into original ports once you adjust for tire size ? I do not plan to use the device again or not for a long time once I make the tire size adjustment. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Wondering for those who use this programmer can you remove the bypass And replug back into original ports once you adjust for tire size ? I do not plan to use the device again or not for a long time once I make the tire size adjustment. Thanks for your help.
Yup.

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Great. Thank you! Would you recommend using it for 35s or just not worry? I’ve read the shift points adjust as you drive it and I’m not worried about the speedometer being off. Mines not a daily driver or driven long distances.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I know that supposedly the transmission "learns" as you drive, not sure if the computer uses tire size for just speedo or both. I would do a battery disconnect for at least 5 minutes after you put 35s on it to reset the computer, that way it re-learns with the new tire size. Then after driving for a few hundred miles if you feel that your transmission isn't shifting correctly maybe try it and see if there's a difference. On a Rubicon with 4.10 axle gears I doubt you will see much difference at all on either.

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I know that supposedly the transmission "learns" as you drive, not sure if the computer uses tire size for just speedo or both. I would do a battery disconnect for at least 5 minutes after you put 35s on it to reset the computer, that way it re-learns with the new tire size. Then after driving for a few hundred miles if you feel that your transmission isn't shifting correctly maybe try it and see if there's a difference. On a Rubicon with 4.10 axle gears I doubt you will see much difference at all on either.
Ok I appreciate it. That makes sense. 95% of my driving is 45 mph and under so I hate to even connect a reprogrammer for 35s if it’s not even worth it.

Sponsored

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Any others ?
YOU MUST ADJUST THE SPEEDOMETER! JEEP MAY SELF DETONATE!!!!!
Just kidding it wouldn’t be good for my OCD though so I bought a flashcal;)

C4458702-92C7-468C-9627-E1703FF0127C.gif

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
YOU MUST ADJUST THE SPEEDOMETER! JEEP MAY SELF DETONATE!!!!!
Just kidding it wouldn’t be good for my OCD though so I bought a flashcal;)

Jeep Wrangler JL Superchips flashcal programmer question C4458702-92C7-468C-9627-E1703FF0127C
Did you remove the bypass after you were done?

OP
OP
JeffI

JeffI

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Ok thanks. I knew you could remove the handheld. Didn’t know if removing the bypass and reconnecting both of those into the original Jeep port would return things back to stock??

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thanks. I knew you could remove the handheld. Didn’t know if removing the bypass and reconnecting both of those into the original Jeep port would return things back to stock??
I believe you can use the flashcal to return it back to factory settings. I kept the bypass in it up until some warranty work was done, the dealership removed it and I noticed that my Speedo was correct so I read that it does not need to stay connected.
Sponsored