Sponsored

Superchips Flashcal for JL is here!

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Are you guy able to get into all the options on this thing? Im trying to set my daytime running lights and it wont let me into that option. There are a few options I cant get into it just blinks when I hit OK to go in that option
I don't think it works if you don't have it as an option stock.
Sponsored

1jlu2

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Any update on support for the 2.0 Turbo? Having major issues with automatic shift points and having to keep in manual mode. Purchased the Flashcal not too long ago and hoping the update is coming soon. :)

boogie

First Name
kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Well I had to flash back to stock and then make changes FYI

1jlu2

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I just got my flashcal 3571 JL, installed the gateway module and plugged it in and got the message "no application software for this vehicle" My jeep has the 2.0 turbo in it. I also updated it before installing it.

Update: I contacted Superchips and was told that they dont have any programing for the 2.0 turbo yet but are working on it.
Well I just got a pretty disappointing e-mail that there is no ETA on support for the 2.0 turbo and no guarantee there will be support in the future. Understandable but disappointing considering I would have expected the device info to explicitly say it does not support the 2.0 turbo when purchasing. JL support would imply support for both engines IMO unless stated otherwise. Feel like they need to update their page to be more explicit about this.

Just returning and getting a dealer reflash.

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
Did you completely unmarry the device, or just unplug the bypass module? I'm going to take my Jeep in for service soon and wondering how to approach this to make sure I don't void anything.
Sorry to take so long to get back to you.
All I did was remove the module. I never put anything back to stock. FCA's flash did change any of my settings.

Sponsored

MotoMax

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 Jeep Grandcherokee
Occupation
Do nothing bum Retired
Are you guy able to get into all the options on this thing? Im trying to set my daytime running lights and it wont let me into that option. There are a few options I cant get into it just blinks when I hit OK to go in that option
After uploading an update in mine I had the same problem. Fiddled with it a while, checked for any more updates a week later and no help.
Called their customer service number and got a guy named Chase. Explained in detail each of the categories on the flashcal that weren't working correctly. He sent me a new unit. Had to return the old one in the same box with the provided UPS return lable. Plugged it in to my laptop for updates first. Then plugged it into the Rubicon and it worked great.
They stood behind their product and I'm very thankful for that!
And a side note: I never dropped the Flashcal or left it in the vehicle. It was well cared for and stored in the house.

Daniwood

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon,2.0 Turbo, 06 Ford F250 6.0 Diesel
Occupation
Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
Well I just got a pretty disappointing e-mail that there is no ETA on support for the 2.0 turbo and no guarantee there will be support in the future. Understandable but disappointing considering I would have expected the device info to explicitly say it does not support the 2.0 turbo when purchasing. JL support would imply support for both engines IMO unless stated otherwise. Feel like they need to update their page to be more explicit about this.

Yea I was told they were going to start but then no more communication, I am returning mine too and may never use their product again unless they can prove they are going to include the 2.0.

OP
OP
Superchips JL

Superchips JL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

We received some good news today. Will keep you posted. Stay tuned

Sponsored

VWal

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2015 JKUR
Question regarding the flashcal. I have the 3571 from my Jeep JK. I read somewhere that you can update it and purchase the bypass module. Can anyone advise where you can find the bypass for sale. I cant seem to find anything on the Superchips website.

Loved the tuner on the JKUR and now with the 35's coming for the JLR I wanna get this figured out!!

OP
OP
Superchips JL

Superchips JL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jeep Team @ SC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Question regarding the flashcal. I have the 3571 from my Jeep JK. I read somewhere that you can update it and purchase the bypass module. Can anyone advise where you can find the bypass for sale. I cant seem to find anything on the Superchips website.

Loved the tuner on the JKUR and now with the 35's coming for the JLR I wanna get this figured out!!
Here you go : https://superchips.com/shop/gateway-bypass-module

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
I have used my new Flashcal for the JL to adjust tire size and gears for my 4.88s I just put in. Every time I plug it back in and check the gear ratio, it still says “stock” as the first default option. Is something not working correctly? Should the Flashcal first display the 4.88s I saved or does it always do that? Running the latest software. It saves my tire size and tpms settings just fine. Do I need to keep the bypass module always plugged in?

MSchir1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport
Looking to set the fender lights (parking) as the DRL vs the turn signal. I have switchback bulbs and when I use the Flashcal to set the DRL to turn signal it is always amber vs white. Any possibility of this being available in the near future?
Sponsored