Stroage solutions for 2 Door JL

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
Ah, definitely for lightweight items only then. Thanks!
I carry a bottle jack in mine, they're definitely strong enough for a good amount of weight.

Sponsored

jptrades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLW
I took measurements and then went to REI, Dicks, Academy, Walmart and measured bags and coolers. I used a couple of jackets to stuff inside the bags to get measurements.
I can't help you because I measured the boot - but the process is the same.

I keep my rear seat in the jeep because my grandkids ride with me at least once a week.
So I measured the rear boot space and found a cooler that is perfect.
The left cooler holds a pair of jackets for when the restaurant is too cold or we want to hike but it might rain. It lives in the jeep 24x7. It also is the perfect size to wedge on the arm rest between the front two seats. The right cooler is a perfect fit - the door just barely closes.
It also serves as a shelf. And my maxtrac boards will sit on the cooler and perfectly fit behind the seat without blocking my rear view.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stroage solutions for 2 Door JL Raw aluminum set
Great, simple suggestion. In the meantime since I wrote that post, I found the Overland Outfitters Sherpa saddle bags as well. These attach along the top of the tub and are leather/canvas bags that sit perfectly in the small spots above the wheel well in my 2 door.

For now, I've got recovery gear in one, tools in another, and my air up/down utility stored behind the driver's seat. First aid, fire extinguisher etc. solved with a Warn extinguisher roll bar mount and Warn cylinder roll bar bag.

With the saddle bags and Warn stuff, I've been able to keep all "EDC" Jeep equipment stored off the main cargo area which means I've always got tons of storage space for every day needs. Plus, it looks pretty well thought out and clean if you're the type of person who values that aesthetic.

I did buy a Bestop Saddle Bag as well - it is meant to sit sort of on top of the tub rail and use the pillars to be fastened down to sit propped up along the top of the tub, but it blocks your blind spot view and generally I didn't like that it was in the way of the window for aesthetic reasons. Because I'm a Canadian they won't accept returns and told me to send them proof I destroyed the bag for a full refund. It seemed so insensible to me to wreck a perfectly good bag for no reason, so even though I don't need/want it I kept it and cancelled the refund and saved it from a landfill lol. It's a tough canvas material, so I've been using it to store my shovel, axe, and other bits and bobs that I only want to take with me when I'm wheeling but don't form a normal part of my every day kit like recovery gear and tools do.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jptrades mentioned Overland Outfitters which reminded me of these... here are a couple of storage solutions from them for smaller items (sunglasses, etc.) that work well in the JL, including with the Sky One Touch top...

They call this a "Roll Bar Buddy", it's got two pockets:

JLSkytopPocketBuddy2.jpg

And this leather grab handle has a pocket attached.

JLJTFrontGrab.jpg

theory2

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
PRP Baja Bags fit in rear footwell pretty nicely.

Reactions: jal

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
There are at least 8 different rear shelving options for the two doors on Amazon. This has been mentioned in multiple threads. Some simply just need to swap the forward and rearward brackets for installation. But to the OP yours looks great and I love a good DIY.

Reactions: jal

Race

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Rubicon
I got the Fishbone wheel well storage. For behind the seat storage I had an old Smittybilt bag I have used for probably 20 years but it fits perfectly behind the seat. I keep my jumper cables and Gorilla power wrench in there. It looks like extremeterrain carries them.. I may need to get another one for the drivers side.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stroage solutions for 2 Door JL IMG_2966
Jeep Wrangler JL Stroage solutions for 2 Door JL IMG_2967

Sponsored

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
For those who own saddlebags, do they interfere with maneuvering the back seat of 2 door Wrangle?

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those who own saddlebags, do they interfere with maneuvering the back seat of 2 door Wrangle?
I don't have a photo with the seat folded, but the answer is generally no, the saddlebags don't interfere with the operation of the rear seat. I think you can see in this photo that the saddlebag sits on the inner fender outboard of where the seat will fold. I say "generally no", because I suppose it would be possible to put so much stuff in the saddlebag that it would bulge out a bit into where the seat would fold but I haven't heard any reports of problems.
Jeep Wrangler JL Stroage solutions for 2 Door JL JKSaddlebagInJL2a

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
I've got a pair of the Overland-Outfitters Saddle Bags in my 2 door JLR.

They are a little pricey at $275 US (regular price) for the pair, but I got mine on sale on Valentines Day 2022 for $75.00 off so that helped a little.

The quality of the bags is top notch, they look nice, and they fit a decent amount of gear inside them while also providing a nice armrest for rear seat passengers. I have a 20 foot Kinetic recovery rope, 2 soft shackles, a metal recovery shackle and two pairs of gloves in the passenger side bag. The drive side bag holds a wool blanket, a thermal space blanket, two hats, candles and some emergency food.

Quadratech has them for 229 now, extreme has something like for 175 but thats per side.

Still relying on milk crate, cant think of anything cool enough for the nice looking bag. But i will.

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quadratech has them for 229 now, extreme has something like for 175 but thats per side.
The "per side" price you mentioned is for the 4 door JLU - some JLU's have a subwoofer on the passenger side where the saddlebag would go so those people can just buy a single driver's side bag but that bag doesn't fit the 2-door. The per pair price for the 2-door JL saddlebags on Extreme Terrain is $235; Quadratec does have them for $229 per pair.

There's a 15% discount code right now that can be used on the Overland Outfitters web site (https://www.overland-outfitters.com/store/p25/SADDLE_BAG_JL_2_DOOR_(Pair)_for_Inner_Fenders.html#/), the price on the site is $245 but minus the discount they're $208 per pair (and free shipping). Use the code FEST15 at checkout.
Sponsored