Stock or Order?

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
I’ve always gotten good deals on my previous wranglers but I think I may need to order one this time around to meet my specifications. I’m guessing from a financial perspective it’s easier to get a good seal if you buy a vehicle on the lot than order one. If I decide to order, what “tricks” are there to get the best deal?
Thanks
Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I’ve always gotten good deals on my previous wranglers but I think I may need to order one this time around to meet my specifications. I’m guessing from a financial perspective it’s easier to get a good seal if you buy a vehicle on the lot than order one. If I decide to order, what “tricks” are there to get the best deal?
Thanks
You're not going to get many (if any) deals right now buying off the lot. Search the forum for dealers selling for under invoice. Plenty of info here.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I bought my Jeep off the lot. If I had it all to do over again, I could have ended up with more Jeep for at least $10,000 less. Off-the-lot prices have only gotten more stupid since April. If you want it today, they're really going to make you pay.

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My sales person said they will not receive dealer inventory Jeeps for quite some time as only sold orders being built. Who knows when they will catch up but if you want a good price (5% under invoice) you will need to order.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
I’m guessing from a financial perspective it’s easier to get a good seal if you buy a vehicle on the lot than order one
At least in the current market, this is incorrect.

Expect to pay a good $5-10k more for an inventory unit than an order right now.

Sponsored

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Lots are “lean” plus if you order you get what you want. The Dealers in my area don’t have the combo’s of what I would have wanted for my last 3 Wranglers. They get what they get, and some of the add on‘s are not what I’d be interested in. That includes engines, tops, packages, colors, etc. To me, build one and get what you want. You might wait, but it’s worth it!

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
OP
OP
Kimcita716153

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
You're not going to get many (if any) deals right now buying off the lot. Search the forum for dealers selling for under invoice. Plenty of info here.
So I’m getting feedback that it will (hopefully) be less expensive to order. I’ve gotten very good deals on my previous Jeeps (all on the lot) so much so the salesman offered me a job ;-)) I’m good with negotiating for vehicles already on the lot, usually at least 5% below invoice, but I’m a newbie when it comes to ordering. I talked about holdback a few times and the salesman looked shocked I’d even know what that is. Me being a “girl” and all ;-))

How much do you think I should shoot for below the price I’m getting quoted on the Jeep site for my build? Just the price of the jeep not additional fees, doc fees etc.
thanks!

OP
OP
Kimcita716153

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
I’m in NJ so that is a great lead. I’ve travelled as far as Wisconsin for a great deal so PA is a walk in the park. Hope you love your new Willy (wait, that sounded weird, lol)

thanks!

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
How much do you think I should shoot for below the price I’m getting quoted on the Jeep site for my build?
There are several sources on the forum here for around 9% off msrp on orders.

Work out what the actual cost from one of those sources is, including any shipping costs, etc, to determine the actual amount off msrp your local dealer would need to be at on an offer. That'll give you a good price ceiling.

It is very important to keep in mind that the car market today is VERY different than what it's been for the past 30 years.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kimcita716153

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
I bought my Jeep off the lot. If I had it all to do over again, I could have ended up with more Jeep for at least $10,000 less. Off-the-lot prices have only gotten more stupid since April. If you want it today, they're really going to make you pay.
Wow, great to know. I’m definitely in no rush. My 2015 has 20,000 miles on it so I’m definitely good with keeping her for a while. Thanks so much!

OP
OP
Kimcita716153

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
At least in the current market, this is incorrect.

Expect to pay a good $5-10k more for an inventory unit than an order right now.
And...Who knew? You did! I had no idea an order would be the best way to go at this point. Thanks for the clarification. Very much appreciated!

OP
OP
Kimcita716153

Kimcita716153

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara Unlimited
My sales person said they will not receive dealer inventory Jeeps for quite some time as only sold orders being built. Who knows when they will catch up but if you want a good price (5% under invoice) you will need to order.
I’d prefer to order so all this feedback is music to my ears. Thank you!

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
So I’m getting feedback that it will (hopefully) be less expensive to order. I’ve gotten very good deals on my previous Jeeps (all on the lot) so much so the salesman offered me a job ;-)) I’m good with negotiating for vehicles already on the lot, usually at least 5% below invoice, but I’m a newbie when it comes to ordering. I talked about holdback a few times and the salesman looked shocked I’d even know what that is. Me being a “girl” and all ;-))

How much do you think I should shoot for below the price I’m getting quoted on the Jeep site for my build? Just the price of the jeep not additional fees, doc fees etc.
thanks!
From others posting here, the best deals on 2022 orders seem to be 4%-5% off invoice. There may be dealers willing to go to 6% if you finance thru them.
Sponsored