Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Does buying off the Missus with appliances count as a mod problem???

A new frig, range, dishwasher, and microwave for her gets me a lift, wheels and 37's. Good trade??
Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Stock Jeep’s typically have a higher resale....mostly do to the rarity!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Does buying off the Missus with appliances count as a mod problem???

A new frig, range, dishwasher, and microwave for her gets me a lift, wheels and 37's. Good trade??
This one hit close to home. Mrs. Heimkehr got a new Maytag French door refrigerator, among other domestic assets, based on what I've driven or ridden home in years past.

Problem? Or prudent diplomacy? ;)

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
went i got my base model 2 door sport in may of 2019, i started to do some research and came up with a short list as to what i want and keep the mods as simple, clean, and on a budget. in the first 3 months, i did some simple things like swapping out the halogen head / fog light bulbs for led bulbs. then added led cube lights on the windshield. lastly a locking gas cap. other than that i kept it stock. (going on 3 years)

i'm in the process in putting on a rear bumper / tire carrier. on order a lod mid width winch bumper. warn m8000 winch is being shipped. will order baja design squadron sport lights. and maybe a rc mlc switch setup.

as for the lift and tires, that will be later down the road when the oem tires wears out. most likely i'll go up to 33s. rims will either stay stock or plain black ones from tatik. other things i'll look at getting will be cb radio, onboard air, quick disconnects, skidplates, rocker guards and maybe lockers. i might consider a sunrider top.

thats pretty much it. not looking to do anything else because this is my everyday vehicle and this setup will be a pretty good on the trails.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
This one hit close to home. Mrs. Heimkehr got a new Maytag French door refrigerator, among other domestic assets, based on what I've driven or ridden home in years past.

Problem? Or prudent diplomacy? ;)
"If Mama aint happy aint nobody happy".

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I got rid of my KO2s and went 35" Patagonia MTs right at 14k miles on the stock JLR. Mine were pretty much shot, I had wheeled them so much they didn't have too much left in em.

But once the floodgates opened it's hard to stop. I bent my front D44 and am looking at the options, $2800 for a factory replacement axle, $4500 for an Ultimate D44. Why not get the ultimate? It's not that much more!

Gotta say though, not to be a bad influence but at this point you got your first year in. May as well go for it if you want to. We live in too awesome of an area for wheeling to hold back. If you're gonna use it, it's worth it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group vXDPuA

Update to my hypothetical "why not get the ultimate 44":

I bought the ultimate 44. So it goes. She'll be under the jeep and I'll be riding on 4.88s by the end of the month! Now excuse me while I take 400 fire extinguishers to my credit card.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Hi everyone,

I umm, have a problem ... I lifted my jeep, installed a front bumper and have 37s ... before my license plates arrived and the odometer hit 500 miles ...
The stock parts are starting to take up space in my garage to the point ... to the point I can’t get my bikes in or out.

my wife is an enabler ... she is sending pics of the next mods and assuring me that “it’s absolutely worth it” ... where does LOD even get off charging $2000 for a bumper tire carrier ????

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Hi everyone,

I umm, have a problem ... I lifted my jeep, installed a front bumper and have 37s ... before my license plates arrived and the odometer hit 500 miles ...
The stock parts are starting to take up space in my garage to the point ... to the point I can’t get my bikes in or out.

my wife is an enabler ... she is sending pics of the next mods and assuring me that “it’s absolutely worth it” ... where does LOD even get off charging $2000 for a bumper tire carrier ????

That's my next dilemma. Since I now have an Ultimate 44 up front, I may as well go from 35s to 37s on my next tire purchase. Then begins the awful realization that the really nice tire carriers are thousands of dollars - I still haven't found a solution I want to pay for yet but the LOD one is stupid nice. Then if I get a nice one, I may as well go for the heavy beadlocks I wanted in the first place. it never ever ends.

With a 2 door it's appealing as hell to be able to mount accessories back there since I have no space inside, but for the price it's tough to swallow.

At least your wife is into it! I'm single and holding out for that same type of situation lol.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
That's my next dilemma. Since I now have an Ultimate 44 up front, I may as well go from 35s to 37s on my next tire purchase. Then begins the awful realization that the really nice tire carriers are thousands of dollars - I still haven't found a solution I want to pay for yet but the LOD one is stupid nice. Then if I get a nice one, I may as well go for the heavy beadlocks I wanted in the first place. it never ever ends.

With a 2 door it's appealing as hell to be able to mount accessories back there since I have no space inside, but for the price it's tough to swallow.

At least your wife is into it! I'm single and holding out for that same type of situation lol.
I’m looking at dv8 tcjl-02. It keeps the stock steel bumper for me, allows me to fit up to 40” tires, I can mount all sorts of stuff like an antenna and hi-lift. Its under $1k too.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
where does LOD even get off charging $2000 for a bumper tire carrier ????
lod bumper are well built and made in the usa. i have lod mid width winch bumper on order.

in general, a lot of the rear bumper with tire carriers are up there in prices. i've been looking around for a rear bumper setup and came down to 2 categories. $1000+ will get you a well built setup and $700 ones can be a hit n miss on the build quality. which can lead into issues down the road.

in my case, i love the well built bumpers, but i'm not looking to carry 37+" spare tire. 33s will be the max size for me. i'm not planning on loading up the bumper with extra stuff. so i picked up the body armor rear bumper and tire carrier setup. its a nice and simple setup that can carry up to a 37" spare. its a one operation setup. meaning the carrier is hooked up to the tailgate. has rear quater panel protection. can accommodate a hitch. light weight and the price is right around $800.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
You guys are lucky just having to mod your jeep, i have a Harley as well that i want to do a couple more things on...... .
4door sport...... before it arrived i had a set of KO2s ready to go on, so day number 2 of owner ship front windows got tinted and tires installed. then of course i realized the floor mats should be changed. went wheeling first time, realized i scraped both diffs. damit had to order skids for those.... then realized i tweaked a pinch seam so then comes rock sliders. then i start reading about everyone doing Rubi take off suspensions so a guy 30 miles from me on the forum listed his stuff for sale, so i bought that.... went wheeling, didnt like having to drive a ways on low air pressure. so lots of overtime later, arb twin, plus the supporting goodies. I told myself nothing else until its paid off.... thankfully that should be about this time next year. LOL. then lift and tires and and and ugh it never ends..... especially when you have a son that says dad our jeep should sit that high like that guys over there..... UUUUUUUUGHHHHHH

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I know it can be done. My Dad had a 2016 JK that he ran stock. He recently passed, so before I sell his Jeep, I pulled it out and took a pic with mine. 5 years and 62k miles and it still looks great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group vXDPuA
Something really great about this picture.

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi everyone,

It’s normal to have impure desires. Sometimes we even lose control and act on them. It doesn’t mean we’re bad and can’t change. There’s no reason to try and modify your appearance just to fit in. You don’t need to be in those other forum threads.

Now there are those who will tell you that your missing out:

“Don’t you want to climb that big rock? Everybody’s doing it.”

“The MPG hit is not so bad.”

“8th gear is for the weak.”

“Just take this, and your tires could be big too.”

It’s ok. You’re just fine the way you are.
Sponsored