MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I did do the install myself. No issues on my end but I put in a 8000 lb winch since that’s all my 2 door really needs. I have heard 10k and 12k winches are a little snug.
I have the Warn 10k and it is incredibly snug on the Mopar front bumper. It's doable, just need a friend, a lot of patience, and some bandaids...
Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If it helps sway your argument with yourself, I waited until I had 28,000 miles on the factory tires. Therefore, it must be ok to pull the trigger at that point. Oh, and the lift kit- yep.
I applaud your restraint! Not sure I'll make it to 28K miles...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group giphy (7)

Don’t fall off the wagon man! You can do it! I’m two years and 26k miles in, still completely stock.

If you have to, log in to your bank account app on your phone every day and stare at your balance, just thinking about how it’ll be hurt by the mod bug!
Your promotion of fiscal responsibility just won you a time out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group dunce

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
We have two JLUR, wife's will stay stock. Ive added a set of Fox 2.5 remotes on mine at stock height, gained some (not axle). Going to stay w stock tires.... like how they drive on and off right now.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Do tires really count as mods? It's a wear part! Nobody would call your Jeep modified if you change out brake pads, right? Shocks wear out too, so, clearly those aren't mods either. Same with light bulbs!

Wheels... Well, how many people have a set of winter wheels and tires? Is that a mod? Does anyone say "I'm gonna mod my vehicle for the winter", of course not, so clearly wheels can't be mods.

Adding a hitch receiver wouldn't really count either; that's basically just like having a phone mount on your dash... It's a... trailer mount? These kinds of "additions" are so ubiquitous, like stickers or fuzzy dice, that nobody would actually call those mods.

Swapping factory springs with other factory springs is iffy, sure, maybe a bit more iffy when using 4dr springs on a 2dr, but, it's still stock... For somebody.. so, moving parts around between models seems more like custom ordering a configuration that wasn't available at your time of purchase... Not really a mod.

So, the only mods on my Jeeps are steel front bumpers and aux lights; because of the damned deer. Totally justified really. Nope, no modding problem here.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Do tires really count as mods? It's a wear part! Nobody would call your Jeep modified if you change out brake pads, right? Shocks wear out too, so, clearly those aren't mods either. Same with light bulbs!

Wheels... Well, how many people have a set of winter wheels and tires? Is that a mod? Does anyone say "I'm gonna mod my vehicle for the winter", of course not, so clearly wheels can't be mods.

Adding a hitch receiver wouldn't really count either; that's basically just like having a phone mount on your dash... It's a... trailer mount? These kinds of "additions" are so ubiquitous, like stickers or fuzzy dice, that nobody would actually call those mods.

Swapping factory springs with other factory springs is iffy, sure, maybe a bit more iffy when using 4dr springs on a 2dr, but, it's still stock... For somebody.. so, moving parts around between models seems more like custom ordering a configuration that wasn't available at your time of purchase... Not really a mod.

So, the only mods on my Jeeps are steel front bumpers and aux lights; because of the damned deer. Totally justified really. Nope, no modding problem here.
Entire group..." HI DAVE!"

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

And don't forget on board air and all its accessories. No one ever says they are modifying the air in the tires. Plus, it's financially responsible when you think of all the quarters you'll save at the gas station. :like:
Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group 20201117_112048

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Confession: I installed a lift, wheels, and tires on my last Wrangler. I enjoyed the way it drove and it’s off road capability despite the compromises in gas mileage and acceleration.

For my JTR, I kept it stock with the emotional support of the Gladiator forum members. Now I have a diesel Wrangler (I know I buy too many Jeeps), so back to the reasons not to lift:

1. I do not want to give up any power/torque on large wheels/tires.

2. I need to save the money.

3. My Jeeps have a history of breaking, and I would like to have warranty service without trouble.

4. My stock Rubi is already very capable off road.

Oh look at those big tires...

Steady. Focus. It’s fine the way it is...

Again, I need help.
Your post makes plain that your friend Will Power has already left the building. :)

Link us to the build thread that you'll surely need to create.

:beer:
Sponsored