Stock Jeep Support Group

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Confession: I installed a lift, wheels, and tires on my last Wrangler. I enjoyed the way it drove and it’s off road capability despite the compromises in gas mileage and acceleration.

For my JTR, I kept it stock with the emotional support of the Gladiator forum members. Now I have a diesel Wrangler (I know I buy too many Jeeps), so back to the reasons not to lift:

1. I do not want to give up any power/torque on large wheels/tires.

2. I need to save the money.

3. My Jeeps have a history of breaking, and I would like to have warranty service without trouble.

4. My stock Rubi is already very capable off road.

Oh look at those big tires...

Steady. Focus. It’s fine the way it is...

Again, I need help.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Again, I need help
You’ve come to the wrong place. The people below are discussing all things Jeep :

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group 1617150760287

“I want to lift it that much more”

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group 1617150785212

“It’s okay, you’re a grown man - your Jeep needs 37’s. Embrace it.”

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group 1617150810822

“I just can’t decide type of lift, sometimes I just lay in bed awake at night.”

Jeep Wrangler JL Stock Jeep Support Group 1617151134175

“And then I just went straight thru the river. Let’s see BOB do that in his pansy minivan!”

LAWS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Silver JLUR
Focus on what you will do when you get where the jeep takes you. Thats what i do, but Ive daily driven a corolla for the past 6 years, so maybe I cant relate as much. I also have a 34 ford 5 window as a project car, so maybe just get a project car to blow wads of cash on.

Sponsored

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Tell me if this sounds like you.
You want a brand new vehicle so you buy the first one you see that has a good looking price point. You buy it and then you become unhappy because its not really good enough. And the cycle goes on.

if you lift your vehicle with the lift you want and the tires you want then youll behappy. Stop thinking about reliability and gas milage. Just buy what you WANT. And youll be satisfied.

im 23 and my jeep is my 8th vehicle because i never bought what i wanted. Like my lifted truck. I wanted a tallbrand new lifted truck. Bought a fuckin WT trim chevy with crank windows. Settled for a budget lift and body lift because i didnt wanna spend the 5k on a proper show lift and 90k on a truck id actually wanna own.

What im saying is just splurge on the jeep you want and youll keep it. Price doesnt matter when you like something.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I caved and will adding Rancho's 2" lift, front and rear track bars and geo correction brackets.

Yes a stock Rubicon is very capable in stock form. But the JLU being longer is improved with a modest lift. Slightly taller tires will be added once the stockers wear out.

Life is short, do what you want and what makes you happy if possible.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Have had many many Jeeps of all models and them except for a couple of modded jeeps, all basically stock! All have done what I've wanted to do, as getting older, mods not as important and figured stock Jeeps will do all but extensive rock crawling and mudding! My off roading is, especially lately is pretty light, not just "fire roads" but not extreme either.

I've owned including my latest JLUS, 27 and our first Jeep a new 1965 CJ5 (see side bar),yup twenty seven Jeeps and except for a couple love/hate relationships, always happy:like: !!

Go Jeep!!!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My JL stayed sort of stock-ish for the first 12 months.

But last December I succumbed and got a Mopar lift, Quadratec wheels and 35-inch tires.

Still, I enjoyed driving the JL in stock form.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I said I was gonna stay stock when I bought my JL sport. I already have metal bumpers, rock sliders, quick disconnects, rubicon suspension, front diff skid and a winch. It still mostly stock, it still has the oem ATish 32in tires. My plan was to use them for at least 25k miles before going up to 33s KO2s. But I cant sleep.I cant help it anymore and might be installing those 33s sooner than later. I told my wife thats it. But those damn ARB lockers are lingering, waiting their turn to haunt me once I upgrade tires.

Last edited:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I said I was gonna stay stock when I bought my JL sport. I already have metal bumpers, rock sliders, quick disconnects, rubicon suspension, front diff skid and a winch. It still mostly stock, it still has the oem ATish 32in tires. My plan was to use them for at least 25k miles before going up to 33s KO2s. But I cant sleep.I cant help it anymore and might be installing those 33s sooner than later. I told my wife thats it. But those damn ARB lockers are lingering, waiting their turn to hunt me once I upgrade tires.
I'm at the point where I can no longer keep further mods below a grand. Either I'm going to keep my Jeep lightly modded or I'm going to have to dive into the deep end with a lift, 35s and a regear, lol.
Sponsored