Stinger Heigh10

jaysmooth24

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
I’ve had the unit installed for awhile now but for the life of me, I can’t get the call volume right. I’ve got Bluetooth audio all the way up and still I can barely hear my conversations while driving. Has anyone else experienced this issue with this unit?
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Is your phone volume up all the way as well? When I connect my phone to different devices it somehow changes volume automatically (or so it seems).

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I might have a fix for you is it an iPhone?

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah, that’s all the way up too.

Ok on the iPhone try this,

Settings
Accessibility
Audio Visual
Headphone Accommodations - Toggle it on
Then change the ":Tune Audio For setting" to Vocal Range
Then take the slider up from Slight to Strong.

BUT BE CAREFUL, you audio levels via bluetooth will be GREATLY enhanced streaming Music, Headphones pretty much everything.

Let me know how you do.

OP
OP
jaysmooth24

jaysmooth24

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
Ok on the iPhone try this,

Settings
Accessibility
Audio Visual
Headphone Accommodations - Toggle it on
Then change the ":Tune Audio For setting" to Vocal Range
Then take the slider up from Slight to Strong.

BUT BE CAREFUL, you audio levels via bluetooth will be GREATLY enhanced streaming Music, Headphones pretty much everything.

Let me know how you do.
The change wasn’t drastic but it did help. Thank you!

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
The change wasn’t drastic but it did help. Thank you!
Glad it helped, yeah depending on the device it’s streaming to it can be really loud. I told a buddy about it and he tried it on his beats and said he almost blew his ears out. I think he was exaggerating a bit but I have had great performance in my GMC

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
So after having my Heigh10 installed since Jan 10, 2021 I think it has gave up the ghost. Last week I was driving home from work and got a service shifter msg on the dash, so I pulled over and finished my phone call, about 20 minutes, started my Jeep and couldn't move, shifter would not come out of park, turned off Jeep restarted it, shifter came out of park and drive part of the way home normally but had several waring lights come on, ABS, Brake, Check Engine, Red Anti-Theft, and service shifter, active start stop not available, as I pulled into my driveway the power steering stopped working, and the jeep lose power and stopped sideways in the middle of the street. Luckily I was on a residential side street, if this had happened on a major highway this would probably be a much different post. When I got home the first thing I did was un-marry my Taser JL that I have had installed in the jeep at 1440 miles when I put 35's on it, and removed the security bypass module. it not has 65K on the clock. Anyhow after a couple of days of service lights, coming off and on, and a multitude of different CEL's and DTC's I finally took it to the dealer Wednesday morning, Thursday evening the reached out to me and told me that they reprogrammed and updated the software, but that the radio was not sending out a signal to the HI CAN BUS System and that the radio would have to be replaced, oh and the Jeep can not function without a radio as most of the systems in the Jeep run through the radio. So I called Stinger and was advised to removed the radio and let it sit out of the vehicle for 24 hours. Reinstalled it same problems, U codes, lots of U codes. Called Stinger again, got one guy telling me to disconnect the CAN BUS wire and plug it into its self on the radio harness, the codes went away. Hung up with him, but not my radio would not turn on, turn the Jeep off and on again and eventually radio did come on but several of the gauges in the gauge tab did not work, I am assuming because the CAN BUS was unplugged, but the guy I talked to told me the Jeep does not need a radio to operate, and the JLUS-S I have does not need to be connected to the CAN BUS System behind the glove box because my Jeep is basic and has CAN BUS available through the radio wire harness. Well I had to call Stinger again because the lack of steering wheel controls, this time I talked to a guy that tells me you absolutely need the Radio to be connected to the CAN BUS System, and to re-connected it. Also verified that the firmware in my CH4A-JW18 was version 9, which he could not believe because there was never a CH4A-JW18 released with any firmware older than 10, again I told him I have 9, for we together upgraded the firmware to 14, and the steering wheel controls still did not work. I told him I had to go, as I had to get ready for work, and I feel the problem is the CH4A-JW18 integration module is bad and I need a new one. They told me that the problem is most likely with the Taser JL and that was the cause, I again advised them that the Taser JL was removed, and the software was updated at the dealer and it is not longer a factor and that the DEALER WHO MAKES THE VEHICLE IS SAY THE RADIO IS THE CAUSE! Again the guy for stinger say no that can't be the problem, but he could mail me out a new CH4A-JW18 as part of a complete integration kit for $420. I ask can I buy it alone, and the guy said no. I had to hang up and get ready for work, conversation to be continued on Monday, unfortunately the radio won't turn on at all. The good news is that I currently have no CEL's, or DTC's. So it looks like I am going to be in the market for a 8.4 Uconnect soon, maybe that will fix all of these problems. I'll keep you all posted. Avnmech.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Update with my Heigh10, got home this morning from work at 8am, and pulled the radio and push the little blue button on the side of the CH4A-JW18 (The Factory Reset Button) and my screen came on, went through the installer setting and did a master reset. Radio worked, unfortunately no steering wheel controls, and camera rear and front when selected state “App is taking too long” Wait or Close”, and no cameras. At that point I did a Mater Rest again, and turned off the Jeep, locked the doors and walked away for a few minutes. Came back to the Jeep hit the start button to ON, and no radio. Hit the little blue button on the CH4A-JW18 and the screen comes back to life, but when I turn the Jeep off and walked away and come back to it, no radio, it stays dead. Called Tech support, sent them a bunch of pictures, and copy of my receipt. Not sure what they can do for me as I bought the radio Jan 19th 2021. I’m not expecting much, as I know they are a business, and they are not in the business of giving out free radios. I’m my defense I did get a CH4A-JW18 the had firmware 9 on it, when they actually started out at 10, and I really do believe the integration module is at fault. If they can help me great, and I know the poor tech support guy that has been working me through this has be very transparent, and genuine with me, he’s going to try to see if he can get me a warranty replacement. Again I am not hold my breath. It has been/was a phenomenal radio. Great capabilities, and very unique look. While typing this I got a call back from the company and unfortunately it has been too long and the only answer they could offer my was to buy a replacement integration kit. Looking around on the internet webs the kit cost about $700. So my radio the originally paid $1900 for a year ago is now going to cost me an additional $700, so that’s about $2600 for a radio. Not sure I want to invest any further in the Heigh10 and for $700 maybe a little more I can just get a stock 8.4 have it programmed by the dealer, have all my functionality, not CEL/DTCs and have a dead reliable radio that is designed by the factory to work with my Jeep, the route that I should have went in the fist place. This is so damm frustrating. Anyhow, I’ll keep you all updated.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Called Tech support, sent them a bunch of pictures, and copy of my receipt. Not sure what they can do for me as I bought the radio Jan 19th 2021. I’m not expecting much, as I know they are a business, and they are not in the business of giving out free radios. I’m my defense I did get a CH4A-JW18 the had firmware 9 on it, when they actually started out at 10, and I really do believe the integration module is at fault. If they can help me great, and I know the poor tech support guy that has been working me through this has be very transparent, and genuine with me, he’s going to try to see if he can get me a warranty replacement. Again I am not hold my breath. It has been/was a phenomenal radio. Great capabilities, and very unique look. While typing this I got a call back from the company and unfortunately it has been too long and the only answer they could offer my was to buy a replacement integration kit.
Hey Jose,
I hope I can shine some light on your situation. The issues with all your warning lights coming on and loss of power steering is an issue with newer Jeeps that has caused thousands of recalls by Jeep. There is no way the radio or the Tazer can cause these issues. It is not uncommon at all for a dealership to place blame on any aftermarket accessory to avoid the free labor of repair unless the owner can 100% prove the cause as a manufacturer confirmed recall issue. It's a stressful situation, but it happens all the time at any brand dealership. I recommend looking into these Jeep issues first before dropping money into replacing other accessories like the radio.

There are several threads about this. Check out this thread about common power steering issues: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/intermittent-power-steering-failure.21878/

The HEIGH10 reads vehicle information with the PAC integration modules. It does not alter vehicle information. So, issues with your Jeep could be identified on the radio but will not cause check engine lights to turn on or effect your steering. There is a possibility that higher models of Tazer (or other tuning devices) that do alter vehicle information will confuse both the radio and Jeep as multiple devices access the same information and the Tazer is altering vehicle settings. It's best to not install this the Tazer until after the HEIGH10 boots up for the first time and gets a clean read of the factory system. Including, if you have uninstalled and reinstalled the HEIGH10.

For issues specific to the HEIGH10, we can help. So, thank you for calling our tech support team. You mentioned being able to get the JL integration kit direct for a discounted price. That seems like the best route if it has been confirmed that a new module will help past the period of warranty. For any other questions, feel free to message me directly or call back to the tech support line. I want to make sure you get your Jeep back to peak performance whether the issue is with the HEIGH10 or not.

Thank you!
Sponsored