Stereo and maps cutting out every two seconds

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I’ve seen some similar threads but this is a bit different in that my stereo cuts out for a split second every two seconds. Very annoying! Happens with maps, radio (with or without my phone connected) and playing music from my phone.

This has happened twice. Once 3 weeks ago on a commute home then the next day it was fine for the next 3 weeks until today.

I took it to my dealership after it happened the first time and they just said to wait for an over the air update. That’s not an acceptable answer to me.

Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas on how I should address?

Thanks!
Sponsored

amckinney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve seen some similar threads but this is a bit different in that my stereo cuts out for a split second every two seconds. Very annoying! Happens with maps, radio (with or without my phone connected) and playing music from my phone.

This has happened twice. Once 3 weeks ago on a commute home then the next day it was fine for the next 3 weeks until today.

I took it to my dealership after it happened the first time and they just said to wait for an over the air update. That’s not an acceptable answer to me.

Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas on how I should address?

Thanks!
Several threads on this over in the “Issues, Warranties, Repairs, TSB & Recall” section. Mine has done it several times.