Steps on how to reset JL uConnect 4 system

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I have been having trouble with GPS and Apple CarPlay recently. Coming from the tech industry I looked around the internet on how to reset uConnect. Turns out there are many uConnect reset procedures depending on the model. I got off the phone with uConnect this morning and would like to confirm it for the community with this same question.

Steps:
1. While the vehicle is on and running on the steering wheel, hold down the voice command and green phone buttons for 30 seconds
2. Let go of the buttons and turn the vehicle off
3. Once the uConnect display is completely off (black screen) open the driver door
4. Close the driver door and turn vehicle on and running
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I have been having trouble with GPS and Apple CarPlay recently. Coming from the tech industry I looked around the internet on how to reset uConnect. Turns out there are many uConnect reset procedures depending on the model. I got off the phone with uConnect this morning and would like to confirm it for the community with this same question.

Steps:
1. While the vehicle is on and running on the steering wheel, hold down the voice command and green phone buttons for 30 seconds
2. Let go of the buttons and turn the vehicle off
3. Once the uConnect display is completely off (black screen) open the driver door
4. Close the driver door and turn vehicle on and running
Good info.

Should be a sticky...

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
Also, you can enter the "Enginnering Menu" and can do a factory reset and other things

1) Hold hot and cold physical buttons on the dash at the same time for 5 seconds when the car is running
2) Select "Reset to Factory Defaults"

Oviously all settings, pairing, radio stations etc will be lost.

EDIT: Word of warning, there's a risk of loosing Navigation.

Last edited:

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
My GPS keeps going to Toledo though that's not the address I'm typing in. Tried that reset but that isn't working.

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
My GPS keeps going to Toledo though that's not the address I'm typing in. Tried that reset but that isn't working.
Your Jeep wants to go home apparently:giggle:

Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Your Jeep wants to go home apparently:giggle:
Must be. After I've been driving a little bit, I can re-enter the location on Apple maps and it'll go to the location I want but if the truck has been sitting and I type in my location and connect my iPhone, it will ignore what I just typed in and set the address for somewhere in Toledo. :facepalm:

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Must be. After I've been driving a little bit, I can re-enter the location on Apple maps and it'll go to the location I want but if the truck has been sitting and I type in my location and connect my iPhone, it will ignore what I just typed in and set the address for somewhere in Toledo. :facepalm:
Yeah my GPS does the same thing except for the dealership I purchased it at :( looks like I’ll be seeing a dealership soon.

I wish there was a way for CarPlay to take the iPhones gps over the car

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
My 7" system does the same thing when I use Google Maps (when plug in my phone/enable Android Auto). I contacted uConnect/Jeep about this and haven't heard back yet. I will try the reset procedure.
*I guess the 7" systems have some sort of GPS in them afterall?
My Android Auto Google Maps on the uConnect almost always thinks I am in Toledo, Ohio (back to the factory, I guess) or somewhere off the coast of Oregon--literally a few miles out in the water.
(Additionally, if I enable my clock on the uconnect system to "sync with GPS" it goes to Eastern time as well--probably because it is syncing with some hard-coded "GPS" in Toledo? Is there even a GPS in the 7" system?)

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 7" system does the same thing when I use Google Maps (when plug in my phone/enable Android Auto). I contacted uConnect/Jeep about this and haven't heard back yet. I will try the reset procedure.
*I guess the 7" systems have some sort of GPS in them afterall?
My Android Auto Google Maps on the uConnect almost always thinks I am in Toledo, Ohio (back to the factory, I guess) or somewhere off the coast of Oregon--literally a few miles out in the water.
(Additionally, if I enable my clock on the uconnect system to "sync with GPS" it goes to Eastern time as well--probably because it is syncing with some hard-coded "GPS" in Toledo? Is there even a GPS in the 7" system?)
The Jeep Wave reply I received:
Thank you for contacting Jeep Wave Premium Care.
Congratulations on your new vehicle! You?ve chosen a beautiful vehicle.
Thank you for being a part of Jeep Wave.
I apologize you are having a problem with your radio. I understand this issue would be very frustrating for you. I?d like to look into this further with you and see what we can do to help.
Your vehicle is not equipped with navigation. However, it is equipped with a GPS Antenna Input.
I have two trouble shooting options to suggest.
What I'd like you to do, with the vehicle on. Press the phone and VR button on the steering wheel. Hold them both down for 30 seconds. When the time is up, turn off the vehicle, and open your driver side door for 30 seconds. Close the door and restart the vehicle. See is concern is still present.
If this does not solve the concern I would recommend completing a recalibration of the GPS system.
This involves driving the vehicle in 5 circles. You will want to complete this in an open area, such as an empty parking lot. You will drive counter clockwise in 5 tight circles below 5mph.

Intc

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU RUBICON
I apologize you are having a problem with your radio. I understand this issue would be very frustrating for you. I?d like to look into this further with you and see what we can do to help.
Your vehicle is not equipped with navigation. However, it is equipped with a GPS Antenna Input.
What I'd like you to do, with the vehicle on. Press the phone and VR button on the steering wheel. Hold them both down for 30 seconds. When the time is up, turn off the vehicle, and open your driver side door for 30 seconds. Close the door and restart the vehicle. See is concern is still present.
If this does not solve the concern I would recommend completing a recalibration of the GPS system.
This involves driving the vehicle in 5 circles. You will want to complete this in an open area, such as an empty parking lot. You will drive counter clockwise in 5 tight circles below 5mph.
Send this to them.

https://jalopnik.com/fiat-chrysler-pushed-a-uconnect-update-that-causes-cons-1822939437

Sponsored

ATX_Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
For 3 weeks, no problems at all. Then I upgraded my iOS the other day (I guess this is version 11, I've lost track), and nothing but problems with CarPlay.

Not the end of the world, just frustrating after it was working earlier.

TexasJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Did this fix it?

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did this fix it?
It seems to fix it most of the time...but after sitting for a while it sometimes goes back to Toledo. Other times I get in and plug in my phone and the GPS is correct. My time zone/GPS sync is always wrong (Eastern time rather than Central).

TexasJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I can’t get mine to reset using this method. It still shows me at the dealership.

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t get mine to reset using this method. It still shows me at the dealership.
Which part...the first (holding down buttons) or the second (looking like a fool and driving around 5 times in a tight CC circle under 5 mph)?
I did both parts for my reset and it worked...be very patient and go slowly (wait more than 30 seconds and go under 5). You will kinda see the uconnect system go dark after enough time has passed.
Sponsored