Bren83

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie... just got my 2021 JLRU in Chief! I absolutely love my Jeep but as a 5'2" girl I have a hard time getting into the Jeep and would love to get some steps put in. I don't like the wide Sahara style step and was looking more for a tube style step.
I am looking for anyone who has any insight on steps/rails that can be used along with my current Rubi Rails.. I would not like to remove them and more so just add to them. I know our colleagues in the south have ACE rails as mentioned in some forums but I can't seem to find those in my search for Canada.
I have seen only Trail FX and Westin and are unsure of either of them just fitting with Rubi Rails.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
This isn't exactly what you are asking for, but... I have to give Rock Slide Engineering a plug. My girl is 5'2" and was having a hard time getting in my JLURD. I replaced the rubi rails with the RSE steps and have been very happy. The steps pop out when the door is open and retract when the door is closed. The fit and finish is great and they seem to be very tough. A week ago at a gas station someone bashed their door on my RSE. No dent, scratch or anything. A dime sized chip was on their door. I highly recommend RSE.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie... just got my 2021 JLRU in Chief! I absolutely love my Jeep but as a 5'2" girl I have a hard time getting into the Jeep and would love to get some steps put in. I don't like the wide Sahara style step and was looking more for a tube style step.
I am looking for anyone who has any insight on steps/rails that can be used along with my current Rubi Rails.. I would not like to remove them and more so just add to them. I know our colleagues in the south have ACE rails as mentioned in some forums but I can't seem to find those in my search for Canada.
I have seen only Trail FX and Westin and are unsure of either of them just fitting with Rubi Rails.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
Hey @Bren83 , if you're dead set on keeping your stock Rubicon Rock Rails, the MORE Hide a Step might be an option for you. They're a little spendy at $175.00 Canadian + Tax PER STEP, but you can pick up just one for your drive side door.

Now if you're handy with tools, or know someone who is and don't mind doing the work yourself, you can do what I did and pick up a pair of the Lund, Steel Short Step for Rock Rail (P/N 26410025). They were dirt cheap on Amazon (under $100 Canadian, taxes and shipping included for a pair of steps), took me about 3 hours total to install from start to finish, and can be removed by undoing 4 bolts per step.

These steps aren't actually designed to be mounted to the stock Rubicon Rock Rails, but they do fit pretty well and have no problem holding my weight (~190 lbs.)

Installation was pretty straight forward and can be done with a few basic tools. You'll need a cordless drill, some metal drill bits, a step drill bit, socket set, M8 sized Rinvuts/Nutserts and a Rivnut installation tool.

In order to mount the Lund steps, you'll need to do the following;

- Measure and mark out where you want the steps located.
- Using a 1/8" drill bit, drill 4 pilot holes into the bottom side of the stock Rubi Rock Rails for each of the steps you're installing.
- Then expand those holes to 11 mm (7/16") using the step bit.
- Insert an M8 Stainless Rivnut into each of the holes you drilled and compress them with a Rivnut tool. You'll need to use a good quality Rivnut tool to compress the stainless Rivnuts as they're a little stronger than the standard brass Rivnuts.
- Bolt the steps on with the included Grade 8.8 bolts, washers and lock washers.

Lund Step_1.jpg

Lund Step_2.jpg

Lund Step_3.jpg

Lund Step_4.jpg

Lund Step_8.jpg

Lund Step_9.jpg

IMG_20200411_132144.jpg

IMG_20200411_132241.jpg

IMG_20200609_183735.jpg

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I bought mine from Ace Engineering.
They do ship to Canada.
However i do not think it will do you any good because the step is just a little lower than your rock rail.

Sponsored

north53overland

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (incoming), 2013 Fiat 500T
Hey Guys,

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
While you can't use the existing rails, when we get our new JLUR, we are ordering these. Made on Vancouver Island. I know many Taco owners who love his stuff, aluminum and super high quality and CDN dollars! https://greenlaneoffroad.com/18-wrangler-jk/uu3vnt5lu2k1ttbkv5vbqjcf5pz3on

HP2838

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler JL 4/Dr Rubicon Eco Diesel
Hey Guys,

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
Order you a set of Weston rock sliders which are a three tube system. They look great , they work great, and they serve as a step. Very astatic looking! You won’t be disappointed plus they are a slider and bolt to the frame! Good luck!
Sponsored