Sponsored

Best place for jeep part supplier's in Canada?

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
So who does everyone deal with?

How is the customer service?

Sales often?

Online or in person?
Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Here's my problem with buying in Canada ... Most everything we buy for a Jeep is manufactured in the U.S. so it has to be imported to Canada.
There are the added costs of transportation, duty, taxes, currency exchange, and reseller markup, then you end up paying PST or HST (depending on your province of residency) on that final price.
For the most part it's just way cheaper to buy your stuff from the U.S.
Me, I run a trucking company. I already have a customs broker, drop-ship locations, and exchange accounts, as well as transportation, so getting my own stuff into the country is stupid easy.
I see you're in Trenton. Might be a good idea to locate a drop-ship location in Alexandria Bay and just drive over the border and pick up your U.S. orders yourself. That way you just pay the exchange, duty, and tax yourself when you come back into the country. If you stay over in the U.S. for 48 hours or more you get $800.00 duty free purchases anyways ... and maybe a 48 hour vacation keeps the wife happy too ... LOL
Now, if you're the kind of person that would rather have a 4WD shop do your work rather than doing it yourself, you're almost always going to have to buy from them, and pay the extra money.
For just plain buying parts in Canada, there's a quite a few, and most of them are pretty good.
A quick Google search shows some in Peterborough, and I think most of them belong to COORJC. There's also TDOT in Toronto, Offroad Addiction in St. Thomas, and of course Northridge 4x4 out in Ponoka, Alberta.
Northridge is a bit of a special case. They tend to consolidate orders out of the U.S. and bring them up in one truck load. Tremendoulsy reduces their cost of transportation and customs brokerage.

OP
OP
Rescue119

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
Here's my problem with buying in Canada ... Most everything we buy for a Jeep is manufactured in the U.S. so it has to be imported to Canada.
There are the added costs of transportation, duty, taxes, currency exchange, and reseller markup, then you end up paying PST or HST (depending on your province of residency) on that final price.
For the most part it's just way cheaper to buy your stuff from the U.S.
Me, I run a trucking company. I already have a customs broker, drop-ship locations, and exchange accounts, as well as transportation, so getting my own stuff into the country is stupid easy.
I see you're in Trenton. Might be a good idea to locate a drop-ship location in Alexandria Bay and just drive over the border and pick up your U.S. orders yourself. That way you just pay the exchange, duty, and tax yourself when you come back into the country. If you stay over in the U.S. for 48 hours or more you get $800.00 duty free purchases anyways ... and maybe a 48 hour vacation keeps the wife happy too ... LOL
Now, if you're the kind of person that would rather have a 4WD shop do your work rather than doing it yourself, you're almost always going to have to buy from them, and pay the extra money.
For just plain buying parts in Canada, there's a quite a few, and most of them are pretty good.
A quick Google search shows some in Peterborough, and I think most of them belong to COORJC. There's also TDOT in Toronto, Offroad Addiction in St. Thomas, and of course Northridge 4x4 out in Ponoka, Alberta.
Northridge is a bit of a special case. They tend to consolidate orders out of the U.S. and bring them up in one truck load. Tremendoulsy reduces their cost of transportation and customs brokerage.
Well since we can't go across the border now can't do that. I use to do that when I was in SK and drive down to ND border. Store there would let you ship items and only charge u 10 bucks American to hold it.

I find tdot well over priced on items. Even after shipping and exchange etc. I've used them in the past for other stuff.

Thanks for your input though. Kinda what I already knew but maybe I had missed something

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
Well since we can't go across the border now can't do that. I use to do that when I was in SK and drive down to ND border. Store there would let you ship items and only charge u 10 bucks American to hold it.

I find tdot well over priced on items. Even after shipping and exchange etc. I've used them in the past for other stuff.

Thanks for your input though. Kinda what I already knew but maybe I had missed something
In-country suppliers being over priced was always my concern as well. To me, the math just didn't work out. It seemed the Canadian based suppliers were taking a very healthy profit, which is kind of disappointing when you realize they are not carrying an inventory. That's why Northridge's time to deliver is always set at 30 to 45 days.
Sponsored