Steering wheel heat

Mcphelps7

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I live in Florida and use the steering wheel heat even in the summer because of arthritis in my hands. I find it turns off after about three minutes. My dealer claims there is a sensor that turns it off if it gets too hot to avoid burning with leather. The owners manual says it stays on until you turn it off. Does anybody know the truth?
Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
The steering wheel heat in my 2019 stays on. It gets really hot for a period of time (maybe 20 minutes) and then cools down a little but does stay on. Sometimes I turn it off and back on the get that high heat going again. However, I haven't tried it in the warmer months. Maybe the ambient heat causes it to overheat and shut down.

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
The owner's manual is correct.

I've used it when it was cold here in NE OH and physically turned it off when it warmed up.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think both are correct - it stays on until you turn it off but the sensor will "stop" heating when it gets above a certain point and then start heating again when it gets to a certain temperature.

OP
OP

Mcphelps7

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Thanks running shoes. Have you experienced this directly? Mine seems to go off and stay off.

Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
On the current Rubi and on my previous Sahara they both cycle on/off without my intervention. Maybe the outside temps have something to do with it? I also don't know if this is something that can be adjusted in the settings (like the auto on feature)?

TwoDoorDylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Sting Gray Rubicon; 2001 Ext Cab Tacoma
My steering wheel seems to heat up very warm initially, then dial it back. Still on but no where near as hot as when it first heats up. Haven't tested it but maybe cycling it off then back on with the button would increase the heat again.

Beer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 f250 Lariat, 2019 Corvette Z06
Same thing with mine. It's real toasty the first time you turn it on but as everything warms up it starts to slack off.

Deleted member 59498

Mine stays on and I generally turn it off after everything warms up. Never noticed it turning its self off or the seats for that matter. They do turn on automatically though so I am sure there is sensor built in.
Sponsored