First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm ordering a JL Diesel this Summer. Even here in Phoenix, heated seats get use, but my question is about the steering wheel. Is there any way to adjust the temperature (like lo/hi on the heated seats)? Is it TOO hot?
Sponsored

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
no adjustment. It doesn't get that hot. Call me spoiled but I had it on my last car and when I found out I could get it on my jeep you bet I did! You'll love it on those cold mornings!

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
oh and hey since you haven't ordered yet, I highly recommend adding the trailer tow package even if you're never going to tow.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said, no adjustment, just on and off. Mine feels like it heats in "zones" and so the heat moves around on the wheel. I became spoiled to a heated wheel some years back and think it is worth it

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Compared to other cars, yes WAY too hot.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Click button for on, click button for off.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I sure wish that the heated options were offered ala carte. I've heard quite a bit about the steering wheel being over-the-top temperature-wise. Phoenix gets (sorta) cold, but not that cold.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I sure wish that the heated options were offered ala carte. I've heard quite a bit about the steering wheel being over-the-top temperature-wise. Phoenix gets (sorta) cold, but not that cold.
There are people who have added sear heaters, some have even had the dealer do it. The cold weather package was one of my must haves, if I had built rather than off the lot I would have gone for proximity too!
IMO the steering wheel doesn’t put get too hot, but it is on or off, I had an old BMW that cycled on and off for about 20 minutes, which was great.
I think that remote start comes with the cold weather package (on auto), which is great on a cold morning, below 40, as the seat and steering wheel heaters come on and make everything toasty warm!

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Hmm, The steering wheel heater seems to sense outdoor temperature. Maybe its just me. Cold winters, if I turn it on in the garage where its in the 40s, the wheel won't feel very hot, so after the car updates outdoor temperature, I sometimes turn if off and back on again, and I feel it gets much warmer. It does get hotter than any of my other cars, and I really like it on those cool/cold days.

Related, maybe... I am upset the outdoor temperature is not local read on the Jeep, its getting that information off a satellite or radio signal, as when I am in the woods with no signal, the temperature does not change (the day had gotten much warmer, but the Jeep still said low 40s). Granted this contradicts above, with garage vs outdoors. Got me.

Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I have it on my Sahara in Santa Barbara. I roll with my doors off and top open most of the time, and it isn’t too hot for me!

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It gets very warm and does so rather quickly. Just turn it off as soon as you feel the warmth. Not a big deal.

The seats get very toasty too if you’ve got them on the high setting.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I have found that the wheel is okay at temps below 40. Above 40 you have to turn it off after a little bit.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mine seems to heat up very fast and almost too hot, but then seems to get cooler if you leave it on. As if in trying heat it as fast as possible, it overshoots its its target temp, then settles in. Have yet to see an adjustable htd wheel temp in any car. Still one of my favorite options.

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
One of my favorite features on my Rubi and yes it settles down after the initial warmup.
Sponsored