Sponsored

JL won't let me disable auto seat/steering wheel heat

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thank you Jennifer for checking this and getting back to us.

Jennifer if you ever speak to the people in charge of making these decisions let them know that soon we will need a checklist before putting the Jeep in reverse and backing out of our driveways. I fly a Cessna, and I press less buttons to get it going unlike my jeep...
Yeah but what year is your Cessna? Dramatic much?
Sponsored

OP
OP

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Yeah but what year is your Cessna? Dramatic much?
Sounds like you don't drive the manual...

Cessna starting procedure in cold weather (Doesn't matter the year, new or old):
1. Master switch on
2. Prime engine
3. Key start
4. Avionics switch on
DONE

Jeep starting procedure in cold weather (2018 model):
1. Start Engine
2. Disable automatic start/stop
3. Disable Steering heater
4. Press seat heater
5. Press seat heater
6. Press seat heater
DONE

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Yes, then Jeep should allow you to also set the temperature instead of being fixed at 40 degrees. In Florida you want it set to 60 degrees. In Minnesota you want it set to 10 degrees because 40 is just to darn warm for heated seats up there! :)
40 is too damn warm for heated seats in the NE too, especially when the Jeep defaults to the hottest setting. Sorry for reviving this thread, but just got my Jeep and this is annoying.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I'm more upset that the 4wd/AWD comes on when the temp is 40 degrees, waste of gasoline most of the time! Should have been at least 32 degrees.even that's too high with clear clean roads!

Oops, forget the above, wrong vehicle/forum! Above applies to our Cherokee Trailhawk, still a dumb thing!

I think a few minutes of heat at 40 degrees on my bottom ain't so bad here in NE sometimes and easy to turn of! if that's what you want!

Just a sissy I guess!

Go Jeep!!!

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Sounds like you don't drive the manual...

Cessna starting procedure in cold weather (Doesn't matter the year, new or old):
1. Master switch on
2. Prime engine
3. Key start
4. Avionics switch on
DONE

Jeep starting procedure in cold weather (2018 model):
1. Start Engine
2. Disable automatic start/stop
3. Disable Steering heater
4. Press seat heater
5. Press seat heater
6. Press seat heater
DONE
Lol. I do drive the manual and I have almost 1000 hours in Cessnas, 800ish as an instructor. Sounds like you've only flown 1 type and not any of the new ones. My point was it ain't that big of a deal.

OP
OP

felixk2

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Lol. I do drive the manual and I have almost 1000 hours in Cessnas, 800ish as an instructor. Sounds like you've only flown 1 type and not any of the new ones. My point was it ain't that big of a deal.
I've flown more than one type. I'm an airline pilot, CFI, used to be a software engineer, and a Jeep Rubicon owner with a manual transmission and it is a big deal...for me. Might not be a big deal for you, great...keep pressing those buttons. I on the other hand want the same function that is already available to automatic transmission drivers...
Sponsored