Steering Stabilizer Replacement

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
This thread is a little dated, but has anyone confirmed fitments on the fox Stabilizer
Fox® Racing Shox 983-02-148 Factory Race Series 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer for 18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT
Sponsored

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yes, easy job. I relocated it with Synergy relocation parts.
You will need the following parts from Synergy:
4050-63 Rod clamp for a factory JL tie rod
8806-01 Stabilizer mount stud
4051-01 Clamp adapter for Fox TS and ATS

I did it a few months back and getting the parts was a little hard. Might be better now.

Attachments

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Has anyone installed a steering stabilizer on STOCK 392? I bought the Fox Series 2.0 ATS Steering Stabilizer (# 983-02-148), which is supposed to be a direct bolt-on. I'm not having any luck because it appears the replacement bracket does not provide proper alignment. Wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

Note: There was a mid-2021 change by Jeep on the bolt that mounts the stabilizer to the tie rod (closest to the wheel). You actually have to order the 2018-2020 Mopar bolt for mounting an aftermarket stabilizer to the factory mount . . . Mopar Part # 6510774AA. See video.

I attempted to install the Fox ATS a couple months ago and can confirm…the bracket does not line up with the 3 bolt holes on the axle. In fact, like a dummy, I attempted to force it and ended up miss-threading one of the bolts. I had to re-thread and go with a slightly larger bolt. I’m an idiot. Anyway, I ended up installing the adjustable Falcon stabilizer and I’m pretty happy with it.

santa

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392Rubicon
Again dated but let me share my experience anyway.
I did install this kit to my '21 392 but had no issue with the FOX bracket. I guess it is just a part accuracy issue?
Of course I needed to buy the old Mopar bolt originally mentioned in this thread.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Replacement IMG_1786

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Replacement Image 11

Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Replacement IMG_1785
Sponsored