Sponsored

Steering Stabilizer Recommendations...

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I have a 2018 JLUR and I'm looking for opinions/recommendations on the best steering stabilizers available...and maybe any "middle of the road" ones as well. I've never experienced the "death wobble" nor do I or have I had any steering issues. I have the Mopar 2" lift on the Jeep with 35" tires. I would just like a little bit stiffer feel to the steering than what I currently have.
Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
If all is good, I wouldn't bother with one. I installed one with my lift and it feels worse than without a lift. Same 35" tires as before the lift.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the teraflex adjustable steering stabilizer prior to the new updated steering box trying to keep the jeep on the road and it did help a lot. I left it installed set to medium and honestly its close to perfect with zero wondering and about 1/2" play from center. I have a feeling that the stock stabilizer would be just fine if your steering is good or your box has been replaced.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've been very happy with the Fox TS stabilizer. I didn't spend the extra for the adjustable ATS version, because it seems that most who have the adjustable type prefer the middle setting, which is equivalent to the nonadjustable one. Plus, it doesn't have the piggyback reservoir that takes up more real estate.
Jeep Wrangler JL Steering Stabilizer Recommendations... 20210213_130917
Sponsored