Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
This will be interesting because I sold my yeti due to it's massive size, which is not required. The stock control arms are the issue. They folded like a taco the first rock I impacted.

Jeep Wrangler JL Steer Smarts track bar hitting ARB diff cover 1597272078334
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Yeah, I was thinking the same. That I'd have to adjust the arms a considerable amount to clear the axle. Enough that I could see having turned tire clearance issues with the body panel. Not to mention a non centered axle and lots of approach angle.

I'm wondering if i could shave a bit of meat off both parts? What are your thoughts? How much air space would help them play well together?
that’s a tough call. I would replace one or the other if it was me. Either go with a motobilt or other Diff cover or swap out the track bar. I wouldn’t want to clearance either part if I had the choice.

brett

OP
OP
TxJeepers

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I don’t think you’ll get appreciable movement with the control arms to gain the clearance needed without really changing things up. We’ve installed this Diff cover with an MC track bar and there’s not clearance issues. On our shop JL it has the motobilt covers and no issues with the steersmart stuff. The SS stuff is incredibly beefy but almost to a fault and sometimes it’s an exercise in patience to get everything to fit just right.

brett
Your saying the Metalcloak track bar clears ARB diff covers on JL?
I looked at SS, Syn and MC sites. SS says their bar is 2", Syn is 1.5" and MC is 1.25".
Based on what you and another poster says about the Syn and MC bars makes sense they clear over the SS. I'd be more interested in the swapping out the TB than the diff cover.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Your saying the Metalcloak track bar clears ARB diff covers on JL?
I looked at SS, Syn and MC sites. SS says their bar is 2", Syn is 1.5" and MC is 1.25".
Based on what you and another poster says about the Syn and MC bars makes sense they clear over the SS. I'd be more interested in the swapping out the TB than the diff cover.
correct, we’ve done the metalcloak track bar and arb cover combo without any issue as far as I know. That jeeps been all over the country already towing an adventure opus camper and wheeling too.

brett
Sponsored