Starting Over

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Had a 2014JKUR on a 2.5" lift and 33's. Wanted to go 37's. Traded it in instead of lifting it again and swapping axles. The JL doesnt need upgraded axles for 37's. And the rest is so much better...
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Same here. I had my JK just the way I wanted it, but was tired of mechanical and QC issues cropping up. It gave me zero confidence in the vehicle despite it being fantastic on the trail.
don't tell me you are riding bicycle instead ? i like the 5 year warranty and if it should be too much of a headache then there is always the Mustang

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I've done it with dirt bikes. But once I got one that checked all the boxes it was the end of my flipping days. I don't think I would sell/trade my JL for anything. Except... maybe a 2 door diesel.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
This thread reminded me that we haven't seen @Carlton for a while now. He would buy, mod, and sell one after the next. Maybe he's inbetween JL's right now?
I still have a JL, just haven't really been on the forum this year. I wasn't planning to swap out this year, for the first time in many years, however trade in values are high right now so I may give it another go.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Years ago I worked with an industrial designer named Larry who was lovingly restoring a 1934 pickup truck. He was a detail oriented person by profession, and the attention he put into the restoration was mind boggling. Took him ten years.

When he finally got it finished, he sold it!

I went to him with a "WTF Larry!" He said the pleasure in it for him was the process of the restoration, he had no need for a fully restored 1934 pickup truck. Then he bought something else and started the process all over again.

Everybody's different. If the process of the build is what you really love doing, build 'em up and sell 'em. More power to you.

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored