Started Lemon law case # southern CA

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
So I’ve started a case # with Jeep since it’s been in the shop for more 30 days, in the shop for the second time for the same issue in addition with a few new issues. No update from the dealer for a week and zero customer service for getting me into a loaner. Last update was that the motor may need to be “torn down and built”. I left a follow up message with the person who has my case #. It’s only been a couple of days since I started the case. Anyone with experience on this in southern CA? Recommendations on a lemon law firm? I’ve surfed the forums and read a few threads but nothing specific in CA. Any info would be much appreciated thanks Jeep Fam
Sponsored

Last edited:

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I'm real sorry this happened to you, and you have to go through this, I'm sure nothing feels fair.

I'm sorry I have no advice to offer but I really hope everything works out for you.

OP
OP
KrzybonesJLU

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm real sorry this happened to you, and you have to go through this, I'm sure nothing feels fair.

I'm sorry I have no advice to offer but I really hope everything works out for you.

Thanks Flip it is what it is I think I am more annoyed in regards to the service then the jeep being a big unknown. In the end its going to be taken care of. But it is annoying not having a car.

Sponsored

JLfromCA

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! 2 Door Rubicon/2024 Sarge Green 392
I live in California also. We have pretty strict laws on the lemon law. I went through it 20 years ago with a Toyota. I won the case. Got all my money back with interest. Be patient it does take time. In my case they wanted one more chance to try to fix it and then when they blew it I got the award automatically..

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
CA's Song Beverly Act is an old consumer protection law that goes back to WWII. The CA courts broadly apply this and it makes CA's "Lemon Law" and regulations among the strictest in the Country and very pro-consumer. (An attorney friend calls it "The California Attorneys' Annuity Law') However, the manufacturer is generally allowed one more chance to repair the vehicle.

Based upon my experience (among other things I used to be responsible for consumer pre-legal for a Jeep competitor) I'd advise you let Jeep's process work before you contact any attorneys, etc.
Read up on the law and make sure you have all the needed documentation. You're in a frustrating situation but it can all work out well for you.

JLeco2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 3.0 V6 Eco Diesel
my dad just had a Laramie bought back from him because of the Lemon law, he got a good deal in court in the end

akabonanza

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
I have been thru this last year but not in Califorina.
Try to have them replace to Jeep at NO cost. Document Everything in writing. Certified mail always or hand deliver to the dealer. Put them on Notice Now in writing. Conversation means NOTHING.

JMC65

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara 4-door
I used Ted Anderson Law Group to go after Tiffin Motorhomes, he was great and he got us all our money back! He is in Brea CA

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I went thru BBB for my lemon Ford Ranger. In 30 days from start application on my iPhone to check in my hand was 30 days. And zero cost to me.

info in my post on this forum with contact names and numbers. I have posted a few times

Lemon law firms usually will not do anything until vehicle is repaired. They want the paperwork to proceed. BBB didn’t care. They started the process since I was at day 44 on my truck.

Good luck

OP
OP
KrzybonesJLU

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went thru BBB for my lemon Ford Ranger. In 30 days from start application on my iPhone to check in my hand was 30 days. And zero cost to me.

info in my post on this forum with contact names and numbers. I have posted a few times

Lemon law firms usually will not do anything until vehicle is repaired. They want the paperwork to proceed. BBB didn’t care. They started the process since I was at day 44 on my truck.

Good luck
Thanks megawatt for the suggestion. I’ll keep them in mind.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
No update from the dealer for a week and zero customer service for getting me into a loaner.
Sorry to hear about your real crappy experience, but this is pretty typical for Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge. They may be charging Mercedes/Lexus prices, but they definitely don't provide that level of customer service lol.

The first time I'd stopped at a Chrysler dealer in forever was to get a recall firmware update on my Jeep done... they offered me a free ride home via lyft. I was blown away! Back in the day they'd give you a ride in the "courtesy shuttle" - an old Dodge Grand Caravan driven by a sketchy looking chain smoker dude lol.

OP
OP
KrzybonesJLU

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I finally received an update on what’s going on the jeep and long story short they are dropping in a new long block. Which means I’m not going to have my jeep for another 2-3 weeks with the way they work and the time it takes to order, receive and drop it in. At this point I don’t know what to do. I’m basically getting a new engine or Should I just proceed with the lemon and get an attorney involved? From my understanding there is a formula used to determine how much I get back. And considering I’m dealing with a dealer I’m probably going to get dealer numbers..

If I get an attorney involved I understand that I usually don’t have to deal with the costs of that but are there any exceptions to that? Like for example what if the number I get for the vehicle doesn’t make financial sense. So I don’t follow through do I pay the fees for the attorney? I want Wrangler period. I have about another year to pay off the jeep. But if I get basically what I paid for all that i can put that towards a new one.

getting a new vehicle at this time is a lot more expensive then it was back in 2019 I can’t imagine what APR is now. So I’d prefer not put myself in a situation where I’m paying more then what I am paying now.
Sponsored

Last edited: