hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I probably wouldn’t have even moved it but we just booked a house in Buena Vista Colorado in September. A few of the trails I am looking at look to be pretty rocky and it’s just going to be me and my wife. I pretty much in vision her spotting me right in to the stabilizer hanging down under the Jeep! I consider it preventive maintenance! Lol! 😎
Will be moving mine from stock position to tie rod this weekend. Hopefully no change in feel since it feels great now at 15 clicks. Using Synergy TB bolt and Synergy Tie Rod clamp. Jim, it has to be the Steer Smarts axle bracket since everyone else responding is using Synergy ;)
just kidding- don’t think that would be issue.
Sponsored

gevo1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I know I'm late to this thread but just an FYI, PSA: I see most people are installing the ATS stabilizer with the reservoir on "top" of the shock body" when they're mounting it with an aftermarket tie rod style clamp system. If you have less than ~3-3.5" bump stop extensions, you will probably impact the lower radiator hose cross section and break it! (Directly above the reservoir). Luckily, most times it breaks in a way which doesn't cause any issues. You need to loosen and turn the reservoir towards the back/under the ATS stabilizer instead. FYI, you want the stabilizer to be as parallel to the tie rod as possible, otherwise, it will be less affective.

OP
OP
Jeep&dogs

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I know I'm late to this thread but just an FYI, PSA: I see most people are installing the ATS stabilizer with the reservoir on "top" of the shock body" when they're mounting it with an aftermarket tie rod style clamp system. If you have less than ~3-3.5" bump stop extensions, you will probably impact the lower radiator hose cross section and break it! (Directly above the reservoir). Luckily, most times it breaks in a way which doesn't cause any issues. You need to loosen and turn the reservoir towards the back/under the ATS stabilizer instead. FYI, you want the stabilizer to be as parallel to the tie rod as possible, otherwise, it will be less affective.
got a picture of how you have it mounted? Might help someone down the line.

gevo1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
got a picture of how you have it mounted? Might help someone down the line.
Good call. Sorry for the late response. Attached photos to illustrate the fitting on my particular Jeep: ~2" bump stop extensions, 3.5" lift, utilizing Rusty's aluminum drag link and tie rod, along with Synergy track bar and Synergy axle side stud mount (was previously fit with Synergy tie rod and drag link, done similarly, although the clearances were slightly different).

Pictures 1-3 show the alignment. You need to utilize the appropriate spacers to allow full articulation of the stabilizer joints, while allowing appropriate clearance through all suspension articulation conditions, including steering at angles. (When utilizing spacers on the mounts, ensure the capture bolt still engages correctly and seats)

Pictures 4-5 illustrate where the reservoir should be rotated to. It may be difficult to see in the photos, however, the reservoir does not (mostly likely wont) be fully vertical and that is perfectly fine. You, again, need to ensure appropriate clearances through all articulation angles, including steering at these angles.

Picture 6 illustrates what happens when the reservoir is placed on top and you bottom out the suspension with ~2" bump stop extension (my case). With 3" bump stop extensions you may not have this issue, you need to inspect yourself.

NOTES: As stated previously, each application requires inspection and adjustment as clearance may be different. Additionally:
- Steer lock-to-lock and inspect clearances.
- Be aware although the tie rod and axle move in a linear motion with the stabilizer, the clearances changes through steering.
- In my experience, the tie rod does not typically present much of a concern. The drag link can/does depending on the model (of course) and so can aftermarket differential convers as they tend to be thicker and stick out further.

Hope this is helpful.

- George A.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying 20220218_164632

Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying 20220218_164729

Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying 20220218_164644

Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying 20220218_164659

Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying 20220218_164710

Jeep Wrangler JL Stabilizer setting and shimmying 20220218_164718

Reactions: KNN

KNN

First Name
K