Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Man these air systems can get so complicated, people looking into cutting OEM turd size harnesses. And here I am, with my little shittybilt compressor in a bag :CWL: .
Sponsored

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE 20th
Well yeah if it was just tires it would be pointless. The whole thing is built with braided AN line, with solenoids connected to relays that connect to adjustable pressure switches. Even got a custom switch panel for it. Everything is optimized for high flow as much as possible. I’ve been picking up parts for this since summer. The AC line reroute is one of the last things needed before I start installing stuff.

And no scuba, switching the CO2 tank to SCBA is a future update though after everything else is running smooth.

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had one of those too until someone stole it. This is the replacement.
Man these air systems can get so complicated, people looking into cutting OEM turd size harnesses. And there I am, with my little shittybilt compressor in a bag :CWL: .

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Thanks for trying to explain your project. Just gotta ask . . . Why?

G.

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for trying to explain your project. Just gotta ask . . . Why?

G.
Because I didn’t like the products available on the market. Put up or shut up right? I want to the system that is fast in every aspect. Fast setting up fast packing up. Fast airing up fast airing down. I want to see just how far I can take it.

there have been and will continue to be people who see it is a colossal waste of time and money. Perspective. I knew nearly nothing about these topics before I started and now I know a pretty good amount: pneumatic systems, Cryogenic systems, wiring circuits, race car plumbing, wiring standards for marine duty, mechanical work under the hood of my jeep, building logic with relays, how scuba systems work, how SABA systems work, fluid mechanics, metalworking/fabrication. I could go on. I’ve learned a ton of really useful things and will have a really awesome set up when I’m done.

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Because I didn’t like the products available on the market. Put up or shut up right? I want to the system that is fast in every aspect. Fast setting up fast packing up. Fast airing up fast airing down. I want to see just how far I can take it.

there have been and will continue to be people who see it is a colossal waste of time and money. Perspective. I knew nearly nothing about these topics before I started and now I know a pretty good amount: pneumatic systems, Cryogenic systems, wiring circuits, race car plumbing, wiring standards for marine duty, mechanical work under the hood of my jeep, building logic with relays, how scuba systems work, how SABA systems work, fluid mechanics, metalworking/fabrication. I could go on. I’ve learned a ton of really useful things and will have a really awesome set up when I’m done.
Jeep Wrangler JL Splicing a Wiring Harness dwayne-johnson-raised-eyebrow

Right on, I'm a big fan of overkilling stuff and having fun on the way! I wouldn't cut that factory harness though, I've been working wiring on aircraft for over 30 years and what you have there is a potential nightmare using commonly available tools and parts. I would create an extension harness using cannon plugs and gold plated pins, but now you are getting into expensive special tools/materials, and special training to use it all. Make sure you show us what the finished product ends up being.

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Splicing a Wiring Harness dwayne-johnson-raised-eyebrow

Right on, I'm a big fan of overkilling stuff and having fun on the way! I wouldn't cut that factory harness though, I've been working wiring on aircraft for over 30 years and what you have there is a potential nightmare using commonly available tools and parts. I would create an extension harness using cannon plugs and gold plated pins, but now you are getting into expensive special tools/materials, and special training to use it all. Make sure you show us what the finished product ends up being.
thanks! yeah I’m definitely not going to do anything to the Harness other than maybe move it if possible, but it’s definitely staying intact. I’m not opposed to buying specialized tools but I need to call this one at some point 😂 Ive been planning on doing a build log once I start. I’m going to include what a headache the York compressor was since it’s part of it.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
I recommend using high quality crimping tool, heat shrink with glue and marine connectors with built in heat shrink. You are going to get a lot of opinions on solder vs not. I'm in the camp of not soldering anything in a high vibration application.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Adding 6-8 inches of additional wire won't add significant resistance (a few milliohms). As long as you solder well, use the same wire diameter, and heat-shrink your connections, you'll be fine.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Soooo . . . Just so I have this right; this is a system to pump up the tires after airing down. Wow!!

G.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tehfrr

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soooo . . . Just so I have this right; this is a system to pump up the tires after airing down. Wow!!

G.
Yes, that is in fact one of the things I can do with it =)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that is in fact one of the things I can do with it =)
I would imagine you could also use it to blow dust off the jeep which could be super useful. My jeep is covered in sediment and dirt and dust that I would love to be able to get rid of at any time without doing a full-on wash using water and soap.
Sponsored