MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to do any drilling or other mods to make them fit. So you used these speakers for top dash and sound bar? Any other wiring needed to connect them like I saw in other posts.

Yes... much better sound... I have them in the sport bar and in the lower panel.

I recently stuck these in the upper dash corners. Light-years better than the cheap stock speakers, and a noticeable difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5NT82V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to do any drilling or other mods to make them fit. So you used these speakers for top dash and sound bar? Any other wiring needed to connect them like I saw in other posts.
For the kickers, no modifications necessary...they're plug-&-play. For the KSC 350's, you have to splice the connection wires. No drilling for any of them.
Kickers in the sound bar and lower dash, KSC's in the top. Each would fit anywhere.... I only put the KSC's in the top dash since I didn't feel like switching any others.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
for my soundbar i got this https://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/vehicle-kits/je1-169sb/ from mbquart for 59.99.

i used a pair of 6x9 pioneers from crutchfield:
Pioneer TS-A692F for 79.99

the mbquart kit comes with a harness for your speakers. it ONLY connects to the large connector. do it this way. it works. the original tweeter small connector remains unplugged. leave it unplugged and tape it to your harness to prevent vibrations.

contrary to many postings do NOT "tie in" or "bridge in" the tweeter connector. it sounds like shit, at any volume above 10 it pops crackles and is obviously wrong.

after removing my soundbar and untieing the tweeter feed and putting it back it all back in again (and cussing at the know it alls in this forum telling people to bridge the tweeter feed into the main feed) it worked perfectly. bass / mid / highs all work and it sounds 100% better. yes it made a difference. i can crank it full blast (using fader to isolate to rear) and there is no vibration, crackle or anything and the sound quality is perfect. way better than the sound quality of the original speaker pairs. this is with stock alpine premium.

all i did for insulation (rather than buying all that dynamat expensive crap and fluff insulation and all that) is i attached 2 pieces of 3/8" berber carpet inside the housing. the 6x9 holds the middle in place. i layered double sided 3m permanent tape in the housing area under the carpet, cut to fit the carpet to fit in the oval type area maybe 4" by 6" total. once the speaker is in it's clamped and not going anywhere, as the carpet is a bit stiff. and that permanent 3M double sided tape never lets go anyways. the carpet does not have to cover the whole interior of the soundbar at all.

it worked perfectly.
kit $60 + speakers $80 + roll of 3M doublesided permanent tape $15 and a piece of berber carpet was like $5

p.s. it's MUCH easier to just remove the soundbar from the jeep then you can work on it in a comfortable location.
i also used double sided tape under the mbquart speaker frames just to make sure there is no vibration. i left it "single sided", not removing the backing material, only taped it to the frame side not the soundbar, for future removal. it's thick and squishy and stops vibration.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
for my soundbar i got this https://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/vehicle-kits/je1-169sb/ from mbquart for 59.99.

i used a pair of 6x9 pioneers from crutchfield:
Pioneer TS-A692F for 79.99

the mbquart kit comes with a harness for your speakers. it ONLY connects to the large connector. do it this way. it works. the original tweeter small connector remains unplugged. leave it unplugged and tape it to your harness to prevent vibrations.

contrary to many postings do NOT "tie in" or "bridge in" the tweeter connector. it sounds like shit, at any volume above 10 it pops crackles and is obviously wrong.

after removing my soundbar and untieing the tweeter feed and putting it back it all back in again (and cussing at the know it alls in this forum telling people to bridge the tweeter feed into the main feed) it worked perfectly. bass / mid / highs all work and it sounds 100% better. yes it made a difference. i can crank it full blast (using fader to isolate to rear) and there is no vibration, crackle or anything and the sound quality is perfect. way better than the sound quality of the original speaker pairs. this is with stock alpine premium.

all i did for insulation (rather than buying all that dynamat expensive crap and fluff insulation and all that) is i attached 2 pieces of 3/8" berber carpet inside the housing. the 6x9 holds the middle in place. i layered double sided 3m permanent tape in the housing area under the carpet, cut to fit the carpet to fit in the oval type area maybe 4" by 6" total. once the speaker is in it's clamped and not going anywhere, as the carpet is a bit stiff. and that permanent 3M double sided tape never lets go anyways. the carpet does not have to cover the whole interior of the soundbar at all.

it worked perfectly.
kit $60 + speakers $80 + roll of 3M doublesided permanent tape $15 and a piece of berber carpet was like $5

p.s. it's MUCH easier to just remove the soundbar from the jeep then you can work on it in a comfortable location.
i also used double sided tape under the mbquart speaker frames just to make sure there is no vibration. i left it "single sided", not removing the backing material, only taped it to the frame side not the soundbar, for future removal. it's thick and squishy and stops vibration.
So to clarify, you installed 6x9 Pioneer using the "midrage" 4" factory Alpine connector leaving the 3" disconnected. This is working without any issues then?

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
this is correct. and it's putting out base, midrange, and highs. very good clarity as well. i think with the tweeter cable removed, the amp turns off the tweeter channel and then puts the full range to the midrange connector. would be nice if Jeep would document these types of things for us. i'm pretty sure this change only takes place after the car is turned off, and then back on.

also i measured the Ohms. people have stated all are 2 omhs. this is incorrect. i measured after removal, and the factory midrange is 2 ohms and the factory tweeter is 3.5 ohms.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
this is correct. and it's putting out base, midrange, and highs. very good clarity as well. i think with the tweeter cable removed, the amp turns off the tweeter channel and then puts the full range to the midrange connector. would be nice if Jeep would document these types of things for us. i'm pretty sure this change only takes place after the car is turned off, and then back on.

also i measured the Ohms. people have stated all are 2 omhs. this is incorrect. i measured after removal, and the factory midrange is 2 ohms and the factory tweeter is 3.5 ohms.
I did this using MB Quart JC1-169SB and the sound quality is good but there is definite bass lacking and the sound output seems much lower than the original speakers.
Sponsored