Speaker Help

Ndmcdo00

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Please don’t jump all over me for this question. I searched and searched this site for an answer and couldn’t find an answer. One member had the issues but fixed it by adding a sub and amp. I don’t want a sub.

So here is the problem. I replaced all 8 factory speakers with JBL GX series. They pull 2.3 ohms according to the box. Sound great. Love them. But when I turn the volume up to 18-20, all four front speakers cut out. The roll bar continues to play regardless of the volume. When I turn it off and let the headunit reset, all 8 speakers come on. I believe the system is going into protect mode. Is there anyway to fix this other than adding a sub and amp??
Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
A possibility could be to add an amp, run new speaker wire (or tap into the old), with either the PACAMP Pro, or JL Fix 86 between the head unit and amp. No need to add a sub, unless you want one. I have an amp running my 3-way components up front, and 2 6.5s in the soundbar. I have no issue turning it up near 30. (maybe louder, but 30 was plenty. There are probably better ways to correct your issue, but I haven't had one issue with this setup.