Soundbar Speaker Replacement Help

Shotgecko

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door sport
So I'm looking to replace the stock speakers in my 2 Door but am stuck on a few things as I am very new to the car audio world.

1. In the soundbar, I've read there are 4 speakers in total, two 3.5" and two 4". I've been doing some research and was wondering if those are a component set?
  2. Will I have to take the soundbar to replace the speakers?

I also plan on replacing the dash tweeters and the knee panels (If they aren't as difficult as I've first read). I pulled the trigger on the Insane Audio jl3001 head unit since I was tired of how poor the 5 inch is.

Any and all information is appreciated. I've been looking everywhere and if I've missed some important / obvious posts than I apologize for that.
Sponsored

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
Check out this Thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/6-5-soundbar-adapters.43566/#post-992256

The top of the dash speaker replacement is very easy with almost any 3.5" speaker...you will notice the difference right away.

I just ordered the JJT-SAO65 Jeep Wrangler JL and JT overhead soundbar 6.5in speaker adapter with the Speaker Options: SSV Works Powersports Speaker and the SSV Works Speaker Grille Color: Red. I think I will also order the Metra 1014 speaker pods for the front knee speakers and also use the SSV Works 6.5in Powersports Speaker so I have a matched pair in front and back of me.
I am sure it will take a couple weeks to get here...I will update and take pics of the install as I get it in.

402-5145-600x400-img_0563b-jpg.jpg
g327wpa6-o_other0-jpg.jpg
g327wpcgsr-f-jpg.jpg
met-jp1014-jpg.jpg

t2clej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
JohnnyJLUR - did you get to install the speakers and JJT-SAO65?
If so, how did install go and do you like them?
Thanks.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a direct replacement for the 3.5" that fit the factory holes? I put the Infinity in the dash and bought the same for the soundbar, but I would have to drill new holes for them to mount up. Prob not a big deal, but would prefer to use the factory holes if possible. I'm sure I've seen people on here that have ones that match up, but can't find them for anything! Anyone? Thanks!

areyna2313

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Check out this Thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/6-5-soundbar-adapters.43566/#post-992256

The top of the dash speaker replacement is very easy with almost any 3.5" speaker...you will notice the difference right away.

I just ordered the JJT-SAO65 Jeep Wrangler JL and JT overhead soundbar 6.5in speaker adapter with the Speaker Options: SSV Works Powersports Speaker and the SSV Works Speaker Grille Color: Red. I think I will also order the Metra 1014 speaker pods for the front knee speakers and also use the SSV Works 6.5in Powersports Speaker so I have a matched pair in front and back of me.
I am sure it will take a couple weeks to get here...I will update and take pics of the install as I get it in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soundbar Speaker Replacement Help met-jp1014-
Hi!
I just replaced my speaker bar with these 6.5” Infinity speakers snd they sound REALLY muffled. I only used the woofer attachment and not the tweeter harness. Anyone know why this is happening?!?

Sponsored

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Hi!
I just replaced my speaker bar with these 6.5” Infinity speakers snd they sound REALLY muffled. I only used the woofer attachment and not the tweeter harness. Anyone know why this is happening?!?
i have read that you could splice the wires together (bridge) and then connect to the speaker for full sound. I just ordered this yesterday and i'll be adding tweeters as it's the most simple solution for someone who is mechanically challenged.

the hardest part for me is figuring out how to take out the sound bar.

areyna2313

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
i have read that you could splice the wires together (bridge) and then connect to the speaker for full sound. I just ordered this yesterday and i'll be adding tweeters as it's the most simple solution for someone who is mechanically challenged.

the hardest part for me is figuring out how to take out the sound bar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Soundbar Speaker Replacement Help 1A7944C5-9A85-43F8-9979-9FF609F5042A

I figured it out! Cut the two wires and spliced into the tweeter wire.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Is there a direct replacement for the 3.5" that fit the factory holes? I put the Infinity in the dash and bought the same for the soundbar, but I would have to drill new holes for them to mount up. Prob not a big deal, but would prefer to use the factory holes if possible. I'm sure I've seen people on here that have ones that match up, but can't find them for anything! Anyone? Thanks!
These: Amazon link

I put these in the dash and overhead sound bar. Holes line up and plug in and play, no cutting or splicing as factory harness plugs right in. Takes longer to open the box than to install these! ;)