Sponsored

Spare tire mounting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I had this lifted and honestly never thought to consider the rear view viability
Jeep Wrangler JL Spare tire mounting Wrangler
and obstruction of the brake light. Any solutions to attain better rear view vis?
Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Tazer Mini with turn-signal back-up camera triggered? I've found that useful with mine. Wouldn't buy it just for that though.

You can move the brake light up one set of torx screws on the upper bracket and get a few more inches out of it. Clears the top of my 37s nicely and there's enough wiring to do so already.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Welcome to the forum!

Noticed you were new after I first posted. Sorry if it may have been confusing or snarky.

I can't quite tell, but looks like you're running 35" tires? My tip above should work to get the light a little higher over the tire with the factory bracket. If the install included a new tire bracket, adjustments may vary. Other aftermarket options include new LED 3rd brake light rings behind the wheel, or relocation brackets that place the factory light near the back-up camera in the middle of the spare.

The Tazer JL-Mini is an aftermarket programmer that allows you to adjust the computers for tire sizes and other metrics. One function is automatically displaying the rear camera in the Uconnect screen when you hit the turn signal. I didn't even know it was an optional function when I installed the Tazer, but it is something I find useful.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Are you looking to relocate the brake light or see out your back window? There are a million brake light relocation kits or discs that light up in the rim openings.

If you are trying to see out of the back, loose the big ass tire mounted in the way....
Sponsored