Spacer Leveling Kit rides very rough

Kcmac

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara jl
I just recently put a 2 inch spacer leveling kit in my Sahara. 2 inch front 1.5 inch in the rear. Rides very rough. I can feel every bump like hitting a pot hole. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kcmac

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No i did not. Its just such a rough ride. My friend gave me his coils, shocks, and sway bars from his stock Rubicon. May install and remove spacers. I am told this will give 2 inch lift as well.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Seems as if it should ride the same as stock. Unless as mentioned about you are hitting the limits of the shocks.

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Did you do the install yourself, or have the dealership/shop do it? Reason I ask is they may have aired up you tires as part of the process. Check your tire pressure. Spacers would have no effect on the ride quality.
Someone mentioned the shock limit, I doubt you'd get close to that driving on the road. If you did, it would hit the limit on the rebound, so the tires would lift off the ground. It would feel like you drove off the sidewalk pretty fast...

OP
OP

Kcmac

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did have a garage do it. I also just recently put rubicon rims and tires on. Went from 18 in ch rim with a 31 in tire to a 17 inch rubi rim with 33 inch tire. But was having problem prior to tire change. Appreciate all the help. I am thinking the geometry is off.
Sponsored