Sponsored

Soundbar Speaker replace/Upgrade with Alpine System?

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Not certain how well the factory amp will work with these 4 ohm speakers. Been looking at JBL because of the success I've had with the 2.3 ohm 3.5s in my dash.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Not certain how well the factory amp will work with these 4 ohm speakers. Been looking at JBL because of the success I've had with the 2.3 ohm 3.5s in my dash.
Do you know if the JBL line up with the factory holes? I have a set of Infinity and they fit, but don't line up with the factory holes. Would prefer not to drill new ones if I don't have to.

To be clear, the Infinity line up and work well in the dash. Which is what led me to another set for the soundbar.

OP
OP
JWAustinVTX

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited

Appreciate this. I thought 4 ohm was the norm in car speakers. Which JBL 6.5 would you go with?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Infinity and JBL are both companies owned by Harmon Kardon. JBL is just considered to be a more economical choice. I used GX328, and trimmed the mounting tabs for a fit inside the factory holes. I chose them specifically because of the lower ohms and frequency response. They really sound great and wake up the front sound stage. I really only want some mid range woofers to replace the 4" drivers. JBL sells the 608c but that is a full component set with the crossover. But it may be the best way to get a mid that works like I want. Another possible option is Powerbass 7" driver. I know that it operates well with factory amplifiers of other brands and measures small for its size.
Sponsored