Sold my Rubicon

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I traded my Rubicon, it's on lot in Ocala fl. It's a 2020 2 door pretty much loaded. 6 sp manual Mopar lift with rock crawler perches. 4.88 Yukon, rock crawler teak bars lca,s., amp steps
11.35s. It truly drives great. 15, 000 miles. They are asking 41, 000.
It makes me sick but I had to get rid of it. Anyone in market it's at Phillips jeep.
I hate to hear this for you. But I wish you the best. Good luck!!!
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
forget the ram rebel. get a ram power wagon. the power wagon will be like the rubicon, all ready loaded and ready to hit the trails. just in a larger scale.

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
Hmmm.... maybe get an old CJ or TJ to get your Jeep fix without breaking the bank?
Either way... good for you Bro. Old friends are the best friends.
:time:

Sponsored

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Too late.

20191104_161830.jpg
Very nice truck, congratulations! I drove one a few months back and really liked it.

Thinking about our growing family (dog and human) I'm not too sure the JLUR will be all that practical in the near future, especially on long trips. I've considered getting the rebel and a TJ to cruise around town with.

Any input you can give on the rebel and how real world usage differs from the JL would be great.

Thank you!

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Couple hundred acres in Florida? Hog hunts!!

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
WTT: my Jeep for 200 acres. Serious replies only.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Ram rebel, life is about choices. Down sizing 3 to 1 to buy a couple hundred acres in the country and build a smaller retirement home.. I built jeep to retire in western Rockies. But I decided to stay in florida where I have a lifetime of friends.
Makes sense. Good thing you realized the reality before you acted on the dream. I moved out west away from friends and family and while my quality of life is WAY better than had I stayed I missed a big chunk of what I left. Ironically more then likely I will end up back east. I loath the thought but getting back there with them would be pretty good.

OP
OP
Oletimer

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
Makes sense. Good thing you realized the reality before you acted on the dream. I moved out west away from friends and family and while my quality of life is WAY better than had I stayed I missed a big chunk of what I left. Ironically more then likely I will end up back east. I loath the thought but getting back there with them would be pretty good.
Yeah, I know. I actually have a friend who moved out to Montrose co area, we were gonna get homes near each other and hunt, Off road, explore etc.
He beat me out there by a year and I have been trying to cheer him up all winter
He just told me about 3 weeks ago its been a heck of a vacation but he is coming home and that I better think twice. So on second thought I will move out of town a few miles and keep my friends and family , maybe go spend the summer out there sometime soon.

OP
OP
Oletimer

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
Very nice truck, congratulations! I drove one a few months back and really liked it.

Thinking about our growing family (dog and human) I'm not too sure the JLUR will be all that practical in the near future, especially on long trips. I've considered getting the rebel and a TJ to cruise around town with.

Any input you can give on the rebel and how real world usage differs from the JL would be great.

Thank you!
I really like it, its my 40 th new 4x4. About 20 chevys , 15 Ford's , and 5 th dodge . the ram has got the power, ride, and pulls great. Its the some of same quirks as jeep. Mostly in the uconnect. Not even close to chevy in that department. Fuel milage sucks. Chevy is a solid 3 mpg better. I like the factory 3.92 rear ratio for towing boat and such and it pulls 35s great. Its new so time will tell.
Sponsored