Sponsored

Sold (actually traded) my JLUR to Vroom

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
There's a vroom subforum on Reddit where I posted this, but figured I'd share...

I found out a friend was selling his JL to Vroom for more than he paid. I was curious, and entered my info and received an offer of $54,200 for my '19 JLUR with 18kmi. I paid $47,700 for in March 2019 (MSRP $53,100). I had no intention of selling the Jeep, but the offer was just too good. I started looking around at new vehicles, but there was little inventory and I didn’t want to compromise, while also paying sticker. I turned my focus to used vehicles. In NYS you don’t pay tax on the value of your trade, so I browsed Vroom’s inventory and found a Mercedes GL350 that I was really into. I called and put a hold on it. 11/16 I did my docusign docs and 11/17 I got the FedEx hard docs and returned them along with my title. On 11/22 the Mercedes was dropped off without temporary plates. Vehicles are supposed to be delivered with temporary tags until you receive the title, but from what I've read on Reddit, they're frequently delivered without temp tags. I called them every day until 11/30 when I finally got the temp tags emailed to me, then I got home to find a FedEx with the check for the difference ($26k). I still can’t believe they paid me for a vehicle sight unseen!. The next day (12/1) I received two more FedEx envelopes, one was the actual temporary tags (Florida) and the other was my title docs for the Mercedes. I was shocked to receive them that quickly after reading plenty of horror stories. Yesterday I brought the docs to DMV and registered the Mercedes, then just this morning they came and picked up the Jeep. They have my Jeep listed as “available soon” and had it listed for $56,500, but changed it to $55k. I’m not sure who pays $2k over sticker for a 2.5 year old vehicle, but even at $55k they’ll only make $800 before all their costs. No way they’re making money off me.

So, in the end, a positive outcome. However, Vroom is a shit show of a company. Hold times are frequently two hours and then the person you talk to is incapable of helping you, often to no fault of their own. I mentioned getting my title in just over a week from delivery and just a few weeks after placing my order. This is pretty much unheard of. People on the Reddit forum talk about how they've exhausted the max number of temp tag renewals (good for a month each) and Vroom has no put them in a rental with no hope of getting a title in sight. I think what helped me was my Jeep was paid off, the Mercedes was at a hub just an hour away and my DMV paperwork was done through the Florida DMV, not Texas, as most people's are.

Worth the trouble, if you can find a replacement vehicle. My plan is to drive the Mercedes at least until things get back to normal.
Link to the listing of mine:
https://www.vroom.com/inventory/Jeep-Wrangler Unlimited-2019-1C4HJXFG8KW579834

Sidenote, the Carfax report doesn't list anything from the dealer, Goldstein, where I had my Jeep serviced five times.
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
AutoNation offered me $54,500 for my wife's 2020, Vroom only offered me $48,285, not sure what that's about...

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
So glad I got my jeep 8 weeks after factory order. And my wife got hers off the lot in late July. Good for at least 10 years because this supply issues will take a couple more years to sort out.

Except f150s seem to have good inventory. Everything else is short. Especially GM

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
At last count, Vroom offered $47,000 for my 2018 Sahara with 8,300 miles. MSRP was $50,000; I paid $38,000 + $3,400 in tax & lic., two years ago.

But I added $10,000 in "stuff" like Mopar LEDs (yeah, an MSRP of $50,000 still didn't include LEDs!), Katzkin leather, Mopar headliner, Mopar lift, 35-inch Generals, tailgate reinforcement, Tazer Mini, etc., etc. Add to that the price of new JLs are through the roof, having to pay tax & lic. all over again, and it takes months to get one.

As tempting as Vroom's offer was, after crunching the numbers it didn't make sense to sell the Jeep. So I passed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sold (actually traded) my JLUR to Vroom 1638556453314
Sponsored

Last edited: