Sponsored

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Gotcha. Looks like you're just up the road a bit from me. I've been starting to see a few more JLs around here lately.
Yeah. There's a nice jl Sahara a girl is driving around on the arsenal. I know they are eventually gonna be everywhere, but right now I'm enjoying the rarity of mine.

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR18
So, I bought the Smittybuilt bag. It fits the side windows beautifully. Plenty of depth in the bag for the corner supports, and really nice felt between the layers. The back window does have the be folded, so I remove the tailgate bar and I use a cut pool noodle with a felt wrap around it in the "fold" to keep the window from creasing. Problem solved.
As for the bag, generally, I don't have much in the back of the jeep when the top is all the way down, so I lay the bag flat in the back cargo area and then lay the tailgate bar diagonally across the bag. So far, no creased windows, and the only scratches I have are from cleaning the windows.

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Here are pics of the kangopod strapped to my back seat. The bar does fit, but the fabric to the left and right of the bar have to be folded in (not the clear vinyl window portion). Overall it works fine an, until a better solution comes around, this seems to be number 1.

20180615_072453.jpg

20180615_072514.jpg

20180615_072527.jpg

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
So, I bought the Smittybuilt bag. It fits the side windows beautifully. Plenty of depth in the bag for the corner supports, and really nice felt between the layers. The back window does have the be folded, so I remove the tailgate bar and I use a cut pool noodle with a felt wrap around it in the "fold" to keep the window from creasing. Problem solved.
As for the bag, generally, I don't have much in the back of the jeep when the top is all the way down, so I lay the bag flat in the back cargo area and then lay the tailgate bar diagonally across the bag. So far, no creased windows, and the only scratches I have are from cleaning the windows.
Love to see some pics!

Sponsored

First Name
Chrissy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal JLUR18
Ok. Here are some photos. Not the best because it's harder than I expected to take photos while actually taking off the windows since I'm trying to do this on my own. On a side note, I've gotten really good at taking off and putting on the windows since I got the bag. I'm sorry if I didn't get the photos that you were hoping to see.

Photo 1 - empty bag in the cargo area, Rubicon 4 Door, back seats are up. Bag and interior of the cargo area are black, not sure why they are showing as gray.

IMG_0226.jpg

Photo 2 & 3 - This is the bag open. I put a towel under the rear window. Then I fold the window. I use the noodle thats stitched on the end of the silver/gray fleece in the fold so it doesn't crease (not really necessary to sew a noodle in, I originally used a rolled up towel). Then I use the rest of the fleece to protect between the fold and to cover the top of the back window folded in half. You can see the pink noodle that I stitched into the end of the fleece. It's about 60 inches long and probably 25 inches wide with the noodle on the end of the 60" side. Note: I always end up with an extra piece of the felt that's already in the bag so I probably don't need the towels, but it's always a good idea to have some extra towels in the jeep right ;).

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Photo 4 & 5 - Right side on top of the silver/gray fleec layer, I could have used one of the three felt layers that were already in the bag here. I usually do, was just trying to get photos and I think I forgot. That's why I had two layers left over at the top. Left side on top of the right side, with the black bag layer of felt between them. I put the "hard corners" facing down. I leave the tailgate bar in place until I finish, keeps it safe and clean.
IMG_0232.jpg IMG_0233 2.jpg

Photo 6 - Folded the last layer of felt (then zipped up the bag. Use the tailgate bar to hold it down.
IMG_0234 2.jpg

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I swapped tops today and used the Jeep soft top storage bag. I discovered that while the bag will hold the rear window with the tailgate bar attached, it will not fit behind the seats. Which, not a big deal, I put the bag against the seats and then put the bar back in its clips on the tailgate. But I thought I'd let you all know.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I swapped tops today and used the Jeep soft top storage bag. I discovered that while the bag will hold the rear window with the tailgate bar attached, it will not fit behind the seats. Which, not a big deal, I put the bag against the seats and then put the bar back in its clips on the tailgate. But I thought I'd let you all know.
Which bag is this? The elusive factory one?
Sponsored