Soft top window storage

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I have already had multiple opportunities to remove windows and put the soft top down, but I have not come up with a great way to store the windows. They do not fit easily in the car without bending and creasing. Has anyone come up with some good ways to hang/store them? Right now I am just finding any open space in my garage to lay them down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dwoodwo1

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
There’s a bag from Mopar you can order.....eventually.
Meh. Going to work on some kind of hanger system in my garage this weekend. Just wanted to see if anyone has done the conceptual work for me before I got started.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Meh is right. The FCA ordering system wouldn't even let you order this bag, factory code CWJ if (due to FCA Ordering System software error) you also order Dual Tops AEN.

After all, why would you need a bag to hold your soft top if you're ordering a top option that includes a soft top (he asks in absurdity.)

The problem is that FCA doesn't feel you need a bag, because they're being one...of the douche variety.;)

kingdog23

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Bikini Sahara Turbo, 2016 Mini Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
LED Lighting
$75 and done on the configurator...I'm ordering premium soft top only and that's a no brainer unless you drive with a roof or doors.

Sponsored

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Anyone find a part number for that bag? Part dept can’t find it with the CWJ code and I’ve no idea where to find that on my own.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Meh is right. The FCA ordering system wouldn't even let you order this bag, factory code CWJ if (due to FCA Ordering System software error) you also order Dual Tops AEN.

After all, why would you need a bag to hold your soft top if you're ordering a top option that includes a soft top (he asks in absurdity.)

The problem is that FCA doesn't feel you need a bag, because they're being one...of the douche variety.;)
Well said;)

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will need the storage bag option because I need to find an air-conditioned room to store it in. Florida is way too humid to store in a garage...so does anyone know the dimensions of the mythical bag?

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I will need the storage bag option because I need to find an air-conditioned room to store it in. Florida is way too humid to store in a garage...so does anyone know the dimensions of the mythical bag?
But it's stored outside in Florida anytime you leave your windows on the Jeep anyway.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
The smittybilt bag for the JK is 37in x 16in x 13in. Might give you a rough idea.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But it's stored outside in Florida anytime you leave your windows on the Jeep anyway.
True, but I know the difference being that when it is on the Jeep, it is pullled taut. When stored, material that is overlapped or folded together stands a better chance of procuring the mildew smell.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
True, but I know the difference being that when it is on the Jeep, it is pullled taut. When stored, material that is overlapped or folded together stands a better chance of procuring the mildew smell.
I've lived in FL, TX, and SC and I've never noticed something like this. I keep the windows rolled and stored on the Jeep so I can throw them back on before a rain storm.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, I ordered the Soft Top Storage Bag when I ordered the Jeep, the build sheet lists it as Soft Top Window Storage Bag
Damn...I didn’t know I could. That’s okay, my soft top time will start in October or November, hopefully that’s plenty of time for them to be purchased after market. Thanks again for the information.
Sponsored