Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Attention dual top owners...save the big width/height but thin box the soft top windows come in, complete with dividers sheets, for storing the windows when the hard top is installed.

This is not to be confused with the humongous box that the aforementioned box comes inside of, the former (humongous) being the one that takes up the entire area behind the front seats when you purchase your rig.
Sponsored

SCzar

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
You should hang the windows in a bag so they do not collect dirt. And they should not be stored where they can touch each other as that would cause scratching over time. . Spend $50 on a bag as replacement windows are very expensive. If you hang the soft top on hooks it is resting on the frame of the top it has NO impact to the fabric. If you are worried about that then you should never put your top down when on the Wrangler. Also when you received your top there was a cover over the fabric you could also re-use that when you store the top. You can also buy a $2 foam noodle and slop over your wall hooks to add padding if you are concerned about the non-issue fabric.

I bought my top used so I don't have a cover. My Jeep came with a hard top. I think storing the top for 6 or 7 months folded up and resting on a hard surface is a lot different than having it down for a few hours in a day so making sure it was resting on just the frame alone would be very important.

Thank you for the tip on covering the windows to prevent dust and scratching. I think I will look at making my own covers for them so they can hang on my Quadratec bracket but be safe as well.

Cheers!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I bought my top used so I don't have a cover. My Jeep came with a hard top. I think storing the top for 6 or 7 months folded up and resting on a hard surface is a lot different than having it down for a few hours in a day so making sure it was resting on just the frame alone would be very important.

Thank you for the tip on covering the windows to prevent dust and scratching. I think I will look at making my own covers for them so they can hang on my Quadratec bracket but be safe as well.

Cheers!

After 2 years of putting the hard top on in Oct preparing for NW winter this year I am leaving the soft top on, it is parked in the garage and frankly with such a powerful heater I do not see the need or benefit for the hard top.
Sponsored