Soft top side window issue...

GunnerK19

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2 door Sport
Anyone else have problems with the top channel of their JL Sport soft top side windows popping off of the guide rod for no apparent reason? Seems I'm having to redo the right side window at least twice a week. Never had a single issue with the left one.
Sponsored

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

Mine gets a lot of use and I have no issues with either of the side windows.

What kind of driving conditions are they being subjected to? Windows down top up at highway speeds? Sunrider?

You might be able to get in touch with bestop on here as they're the oem supplier.

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
this is a known thing with many windows blowing out once the channel has enlarged. happens when on the freeway with the top flipped back in sunrider position. several fixes proposed. has anyone just tried using a heat gun to squeeze the channel back down to its original position??

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
if its under warranty, i got mine replaced. It was my fault actually. My brother borrowed my jeep and took the top down and didnt know what he was doing and the channel opened up. it is covered by warranty. Yours is a 22. i would get it replaced. I have never had an issue since

OP
OP
GunnerK19

GunnerK19

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2 door Sport
Thanks for the replies! I'm probably just going to go the "zip-tie-the-window-to-the-guide rod" option, zip ties are cheap enough and a replacement side window won't match the faded one, and the channel will more than likely do the same on the new one as the old.
Sponsored