Soft top -rear window question

thholr

First Name
Thorsten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
so just got my wrangler a week ago. My wife tells me that if I fold my soft top back ( just the first fold ) , that I need to take the rear window out because the wind will stretch it out. Is this a known issue ?
I like the simplicity of opening the top , rolling down the windows and cruising.
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
so just got my wrangler a week ago. My wife tells me that if I fold my soft top back ( just the first fold ) , that I need to take the rear window out because the wind will stretch it out. Is this a known issue ?
I like the simplicity of opening the top , rolling down the windows and cruising.
You don’t need to take any windows out in the sun rider position.

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The owners manual instructions for "Lowering The Soft Top Into The Sunrider Position"
1. After removing the rear window and quarter panel windows, move to the front of the vehicle.

You didn't let her read the manual, did you?

DavidC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JL
So you dont have to remove the windows in the LJ in the sunrider position? I been wondering myself. Because if you do than may as well just drop the top.

Sponsored

sigsegv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
The manual is super unclear and I can't find any docs. There is virtually no point to the sunrider position if the windows need to be removed. It's literally 5 seconds to go between fully down and sunrider (either direction) with the windows already removed. Why leave it in sunrider and have to Velcro it in place so it doesn't flap in the wind?

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
The manual is super unclear and I can't find any docs. There is virtually no point to the sunrider position if the windows need to be removed. It's literally 5 seconds to go between fully down and sunrider (either direction) with the windows already removed. Why leave it in sunrider and have to Velcro it in place so it doesn't flap in the wind?
At low enough speeds it’s fine, but on the interstate, all that wind gets caught in the hatch can lead to some nasty buffeting.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I would say that your wife is wrong, but that would be impossible.

Signed - the guy who has been married for 20 years.

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I have about 2000 miles on my JL riding in Sunrider with the windows on. Much of that at 80 mph. Everything is still fine and works great. Much less buffeting then you would get in the JK
Sponsored