Soft Top Question

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
Looking for a soft top for the summer. I don't see a fully retractable, non-Mopar version (I.E. cheaper), for a JL. Bestop has one for the JK. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I believe the only options are the Mopar and Bestop NX top. I believe Bestop is coming out with another top soon, but I don't know the exact difference between that and the NX.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Even fewer options for 2 door!....lol

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I believe the only options are the Mopar and Bestop NX top. I believe Bestop is coming out with another top soon, but I don't know the exact difference between that and the NX.
For the JL we've got the Trektop, Supertop Ultra, and Trektop Ultra.

The Supertop Ultra is effectively the same as the Premium top option from Jeep (we make it for Jeep) that has a minor difference in how the top is released so it can be dropped into the cargo area, and it's slightly cheaper than the OEM top. We're taking pre-orders now on this, and they should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Here are photos of the STUltra for JL.

supertop-ultra-jl-modes.jpg

The Trektop Ultra is similar to the Supertop Ultra but is the fastback design. We're still waiting on some additional information to get a pre-order launched for this, but the last word we had from manufacturing is that we'd have them shipping in mid/late March. Here are photos of the upcoming TTUltra for JL.

ttujl-4up.jpg

Except for the Trektop, the Ultras are 4-door only applications (at least for now).

PS - NX was is still used on our site in different places but it's the same as Trektop (fastback style).

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the only Bestop I saw that was fully retract
For the JL we've got the Trektop, Supertop Ultra, and Trektop Ultra.

The Supertop Ultra is effectively the same as the Premium top option from Jeep (we make it for Jeep) that has a minor difference in how the top is released so it can be dropped into the cargo area, and it's slightly cheaper than the OEM top. We're taking pre-orders now on this, and they should be shipping in the next couple of weeks. Here are photos of the STUltra for JL.

supertop-ultra-jl-modes.jpg

The Trektop Ultra is similar to the Supertop Ultra but is the fastback design. We're still waiting on some additional information to get a pre-order launched for this, but the last word we had from manufacturing is that we'd have them shipping in mid/late March. Here are photos of the upcoming TTUltra for JL.

ttujl-4up.jpg

Except for the Trektop, the Ultras are 4-door only applications (at least for now).

PS - NX was is still used on our site in different places but it's the same as Trektop (fastback style).

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thanks! Any idea on price for the Trektop Ultra?

Ammo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Found a Mopar Premium Tan soft top on Facebook marketplace for $1000. Was waiting on Bestop but after the issues I saw with the NX posted on here I decided to go with the factory top.

86351213_10216047380359812_1203861504659554304_n.jpg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Doesn’t Bestop make the factory (Mopar) top?

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Found a Mopar Premium Tan soft top on Facebook marketplace for $1000. Was waiting on Bestop but after the issues I saw with the NX posted on here I decided to go with the factory top.

86351213_10216047380359812_1203861504659554304_n.jpg
In my opinion the top works well with your choice of wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the tops the same for Sport/Sahara/Rubicon? I found one locally but the listing says for Rubicon. Everything I’ve found online doesn’t specify a model

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Are the tops the same for Sport/Sahara/Rubicon? I found one locally but the listing says for Rubicon. Everything I’ve found online doesn’t specify a model
Tops are the same for all models. There are 2 versions of the soft top (vinyl vs premium), but they both will install on any model.

OP
OP
JDoty47

JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tops are the same for all models. There are 2 versions of the soft top (vinyl vs premium), but they both will install on any model.
That’s what I thought. Thanks!

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Suntop makes one that's a bit different. It's a somewhat utilitarian setup, without the whole convertible mechanism, but I believe it "fully retracts" by rolling it towards the windshield and securing the roll in place. I think the windows come out as a single piece, so, no zippers or anything; this is just going off memory from a video I saw a while back, so I could be mistaken.

Edit: It looks like the back window is zippered for access.
Sponsored

Last edited: