Sponsored

Soft Top - Did I Do It Right?

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Hey all,

New Jeeper here so sorry for a newbie question! Just got the soft top on my 2021 JLU this week. Finally had to put the windows in. Everything feels tight but there are two small gaps at each corner, like the bottom clip isn't clipping all the way.

Is this normal? Pic is taken sitting in the back on the driver side. The white triangle is light coming in (about the size of a pencil eraser).

I put them on and off a few times, doing the plastic first, trying the tabs first, and I can't seem to get it to lock enough to fill that gap in. It's the same on both sides.

Thanks in advance!

20210507_183713.jpg
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Looks like you have some of the green retainer not locked in from that picture. That green piece should go under the entire way and should be no gap. Make sure each side window on the bottom is clipped into the retainer and the rear window should latch to the side windows to hold them in as well.

OP
OP
cgagnon99

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Watch the video from the 16:30 mark.

Thanks! I watched this one and quadratechs but couldn't seem to get the last little bit of the green tab in. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Between MOPAR, Quadratech, and this guy they all have different orders of green tab vs window bracket. Which do you prefer?

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Thanks! I watched this one and quadratechs but couldn't seem to get the last little bit of the green tab in. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Between MOPAR, Quadratech, and this guy they all have different orders of green tab vs window bracket. Which do you prefer?
I do the bracket last. I find it easier if I line up the top rear corner then do all the green tabs then lastly snap the bracket in place. If I try doing the bracket first it always seems to pop out on that bottom corner anyways.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cgagnon99

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I do the bracket last. I find it easier if I line up the top rear corner then do all the green tabs then lastly snap the bracket in place. If I try doing the bracket first it always seems to pop out on that bottom corner anyways.
Thanks for the help! You were right and I got that bottom piece in all the way. There is a very small gap right on the corner where the fabric isn't tight but I didn't see anything that could adjust that besides Velcro.

Now to just get used to the two bottom tabs on the window so I don't struggle every time!

Thanks again!

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Now to just get used to the two bottom tabs on the window so I don't struggle every time!
It’s pretty tight when it’s brand new. It’ll loosen up a little once it sits in the sun and gets used a little.
Sponsored