Sponsored

Soft Top Bounces While Driving w/ Top Down

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine bounces as well, but don't worry because once you break off the cheap plastic piece that holds the electric line from the hardtop, you will easily be able to push it down slightly more and it will not bounce :)

HORRIBLE engineering plan to place that stupid plastic holder where it is as every JL owner is simply going to have a hole where it snaps it once it breaks.

Waiting patiently for a solution...
Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I purchased some black, velcro straps on Amazon for 10$. They are about 20" long and I just put them around the frame of the top and the rollbar and tighten it. Works perfectly and very simple to put on and off... and the black straps hide nicely.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
1 trip to Home Depot and $10 later my bouncing has totally stopped. I used 3 of the 36" long velcro straps to strap around the entire soft top at the tailgate area. One each side, one middle. Now the soft top is held up off the tailgate and flapping and bouncing has totally stopped. You don't even need to attach the top to a rollbar or anything, just cinching it together holds it all down with no movement at all.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Sponsored

Atomic5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR 🛸
I use a 6" ball bungee on each side. Keeps the top lowered for an additional inch or so of visibility. Also cuts down the play or bounce in the mechanisms. There's a small slot in the corner bracket that works nice.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Bounces While Driving w/ Top Down PXL_20230303_135526289