Folded Down Disconnected Soft Top Under Hard Top

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
In case anyone in the same scenario stumbles across this post in the future, it works! No problems at all getting the hard top on over the folded soft top
Did you already pick it up?
Sponsored

OP
OP

dido57

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Could you please post pics? Thank you!
Sorry, I already have pulled the soft top out and it's a bit more work than i'd like to re-install just for pics

OP
OP

dido57

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Did you already pick it up?
Yup. Everything went well. After removing soft top gutter rails and door surrounds and then folding down soft top, the hard top slid right over the top. It was a little difficult to access the rear hardtop bolts with the soft top folded under, but got them in eventually.

It's probably not a great setup permanently due to the potential for rub on the soft top / hard top -- I wrapped it in a few towels for the trip.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Yup. Everything went well. After removing soft top gutter rails and door surrounds and then folding down soft top, the hard top slid right over the top. It was a little difficult to access the rear hardtop bolts with the soft top folded under, but got them in eventually.

It's probably not a great setup permanently due to the potential for rub on the soft top / hard top -- I wrapped it in a few towels for the trip.
Glad it worked out for you:like:
Sponsored