Soft or hard top?

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL base sport
we bought the base sport with a soft top. My biggest surprise with the JL is the interior room with the Soft top. I am six foot tall and sitting in the back seat I have a good 7 or 8 inches of head room. Much roomier that the hard top. However, a lot louder when our going down the freeway at 80 miles an hour

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
we bought the base sport with a soft top. My biggest surprise with the JL is the interior room with the Soft top. I am six foot tall and sitting in the back seat I have a good 7 or 8 inches of head room. Much roomier that the hard top. However, a lot louder when our going down the freeway at 80 miles an hour
Did you get the regular or upgraded premium soft top?

95Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm also undecided on a soft or hard top.

I've watched several YouTube videos showing the JL's new soft top. While it's being touted as being easier to operate (i.e. no zippers, single pull, etc.), the videos seem to show the top not being folded all the way down. I'm thinking it's a design oversight by Jeep engineers, but unlikely since they made efforts to increase rear visibility by moving the spare tire lower, the rear window wider, relocating the wiper to the bottom.

Also, on my old YJ, I used to roll up the rear window and secure them with two straps. Is this still possible on the JL?

My local dealership currently does not have a soft top JL. But simply looking at online videos and photos, the design is looks too complicated with too many moving parts that are prone to breaking.

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL base sport
There is no premium top option for the base or automatic locks or power locks or on and on and on But it’s still a jeep

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
I ordered a Rubicon 2 door with the three piece top painted to match the body. Was told soft tops are on back order right now or I would have purchased both tops with the order.
Sponsored