First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i only have the hardtop, . however, i feel much better having a hard top during a road trip, just because of the security of it. plus its quieter, i will also say it would be nice to have the tp down while driving thru the park, etc. but couple of things to consider, if your tripping it in the summer, it will be hot. also some park could have heavy traffic. so with that you will be sitting and waiting to get thru. the question is, you you want to sit in traffic with the sun beating on you and breathing the other cars exhaust. lastly, visitors at the parks tends to be nosy, so they like to look and see what you are travelly with. not saying they have sticky fingers, but...
Sponsored

deserteagle56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
It's not just at night that you will have theft issues. I live not far from Yosemite, the Grand Canyon and numerous other National Parks and theft is an ongoing issue that the National Park Service warns about. We're talking about breaking into sedans, SUVs, etc - not even talking about reaching into a topless Jeep.

Are you planning to just drive through these parks without stopping? Because the viewpoints are NOT all that visible from the road. You'll constantly be stopping at viewpoint parking lots and then walking a short trail to the viewpoint which a lot of times will not be visible from the Jeep. And while you are gone from the topless Jeep, even for only a few minutes....................