SoCal by way of Vegas...

KichiMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Honda Accord, '19 JLU Sahara
I was thinking of using Jim Marsh for my order since when I researched before, no local dealer in SoCal would do the price matching he did. But that was almost a year ago, does anyone know of any particular dealers who have great deals in SoCal? Or do folks still recommend JM?
Sponsored

grapesie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock
I was thinking of using Jim Marsh for my order since when I researched before, no local dealer in SoCal would do the price matching he did. But that was almost a year ago, does anyone know of any particular dealers who have great deals in SoCal? Or do folks still recommend JM?
Can’t speak for SoCal, but can for Phoenix & for Jim Marsh. Had the same issue in AZ, the two dealers I got at 1% below (with tread lightly) were acting as if I was ripping them off & they were non-responsive & mostly uneducated.

Called Antonio on Friday night, 3/22, no BS - 5% under. Already picking up Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
@KichiMark Try fleet dealer at Huntington. Cost Mesa has been reported at 5% below invoice on non-Rubicon trims. There was report of San Juan Capo at good deal too. Look at the dealer map thread for contact info. I purchased myself at Jim Marsh after everyone local whom I wanted to get my business thumbed me down. Good luck.

domcalise

First Name
domenick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLR
I just purchased a JLR from Autonation CDJR in Valencia CA.

I was able to get 14% off MSRP!! $51,150 for the Jeep, I paid $43,989. Not sure how much % that is off invoice, but I imagine it is better than 5%.

I did a lot of digging in the Los Angeles area trying to find a great deal on a Rubicon without having to go all the way out to Vegas. I located 18 almost identical JL Rubicons in a 50 mile radius started visiting dealers and working prices on them, each deal I was handed I brought somewhere else and asked if they would beat it. I finally got an insane deal, but the Jeep didn't start when I went to test drive, so I took that offer to a dozen other dealerships they all told me there's no way they would be able to come close, until I found a dealership with 3 sitting on their lot, they appeared desperate, going through construction and working out of trailers. I got them on a good day, I called spoke to the sales manager Paul, he said if I can swing by that night he would do better than match the price, I went there, he beat the offer, I picked up the jeep 2 days later. He told me he was hoping I never showed to pick up the car, because I got him to agree to it on a day they had no deals.

KichiMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm well it looks like I may be in a pickle but I am going to reach out to more savvy minds on here and see.

I picked up the Jeep from Jim Marsch on the 4th and they just barely sent out the paper work today (17th) with 2nd day air. They mentioned it should be at the designated DMV by the 20th but my temp out of state registration expires on the 19th. I am ready to go on my end with the smog, insurance, various forms but would the darn paper work being sent late causing an arrival after my temp registration is over have me pay fines because of that?

Sponsored

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm well it looks like I may be in a pickle but I am going to reach out to more savvy minds on here and see.

I picked up the Jeep from Jim Marsch on the 4th and they just barely sent out the paper work today (17th) with 2nd day air. They mentioned it should be at the designated DMV by the 20th but my temp out of state registration expires on the 19th. I am ready to go on my end with the smog, insurance, various forms but would the darn paper work being sent late causing an arrival after my temp registration is over have me pay fines because of that?
That’s no good. If you do get any penalties I’d hope to see they pay them for causing the delay. Could be just that you can’t legally operate on the streets but I’m not sure. Picked up mine Feb 18th. Almost had the same problem because the finance lady accidentally put 2018 on all my papers & didn’t catch it until I was already back in Cali. We had to sign new docs & ship them back. I had to make a second DMV trip due to paperwork not being there when I had my appt. I was going to have to make a second trip anyway because I forgot about the smog cert.

It all worked out for me in the end. Just took them an excessively long time (couple months) to send me the current, 2019 docs - as well as my Jeep Wave program paperwork to show up. Had to call them to find out where it was.

Pri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

I am on a same boat, picked up my JLUR on 29th of June and my temp registration expires on 14th, they said it will take one more week and they will be sending another temp registration for additional 2 weeks. please let me know if you had to pay fines and also how did the DMV process went for you.

KichiMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am on a same boat, picked up my JLUR on 29th of June and my temp registration expires on 14th, they said it will take one more week and they will be sending another temp registration for additional 2 weeks. please let me know if you had to pay fines and also how did the DMV process went for you.
Ah, I needed to update what happened to me but I can do it here.

After not finding the exact answers and dreading to pay the state even more in fees, I decided to go to the DMV to get some clarification (I am off for summer from work anyways) and they asked me when I brought my jeep into the state which seemed to be their main focus. I purchased my Sahara on the 4th but came back to Ca on the 5th of June. My temp registrations ended on the 19th of June but the DMV again did not seem too focused on that and mentioned I had 20 days of when the vehicle came into the state to register it here. So since it came into the state on the 5th, I had till the 25th to register before any penalties kick in. Since I did not have the paperwork from JM there yet, I did the verification form process to get that out of the way. This is where they will look over your jeep to see what it is (i.e. VIN matching, etc).

My paperwork from JM finally came in on the 19th I believe but did not come into the DMV till later in the day so I went the next day (20th). I forgot to mention that during the wait for the paperwork to arrive at the DMV, I had my SMOG done to get that out of the way of which it showed in their system I already had that step done. I then showed them my application to register form and bill of sale. They also looked over the documents from JM and with the SMOG and verification form out of the way, I then made a donation to the tax and registration bill. They then gave me a paper registration, plates with tags and I was on my way home. End of that journey.

So with all that being said, it seems like as long as you do your registration before the 20 days of when you brought your Rubicon into the state, you will be ok. Just make sure you have done your SMOG, have your vehicle on your insurance (I showed them proof of a card sent via email to me from my insurance) and complete this form below:

Application for Title Or Registration

There is a verification of vehicle but the DMV did have copies of their own and didn't even use the one I provided but if you want to print one out you could too. I had this done the first time I went to the DMV to ask my questions just to get this out of the way.

Verification of Vehicle

Just to note, JM did a 2 day priority mail for my paperwork after I emailed telling them my story and concerns. All in all it was a good experience. Just a little interesting since I never purchased out of state before so there was some uncertainty on how things would develop. I hope this helps.
Sponsored