SoCal by way of Vegas...

Kissell

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Just ordered from Jim Marsh in Vegas, live here in Orange County. Visited and spoke with about 10 dealerships all around Southern Cal, and no one had the pricing that Jim Marsh did for an ordered car. I have both Tread Lightly and the FCA affiliate pricing. Couple dealers were willing to do FCA pricing (FFP) if I ordered but would not do it on cars in the lot.
Marsh gave me between FFP and EP, assuming I financed with them. If I have my own financing, they change an extra $500, which is still better than FFP price.
I will have to get to Vegas for pick up, then I will have to take care of taxes and registration in CA myself (around 10%), so I won’t be able to roll that into the loan. But their pricing is still the best I could find, and they were easy to deal with. No issues with add ons, extended warranty, blah blah blah. But I suspect when I go to pick it up, they may put the squeeze on.
I am being told 6 to 8 weeks, but who knows. They also told me that the dual top or soft top was holding up some cars, so I switched to black hard top.
Wish me luck, haven’t had a Jeep since college and looking forward to trips to Mammoth, Yosemite, etc.
Sponsored

LVTiffy

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubi
Just ordered from Jim Marsh in Vegas, live here in Orange County. Visited and spoke with about 10 dealerships all around Southern Cal, and no one had the pricing that Jim Marsh did for an ordered car. I have both Tread Lightly and the FCA affiliate pricing. Couple dealers were willing to do FCA pricing (FFP) if I ordered but would not do it on cars in the lot.
Marsh gave me between FFP and EP, assuming I financed with them. If I have my own financing, they change an extra $500, which is still better than FFP price.
I will have to get to Vegas for pick up, then I will have to take care of taxes and registration in CA myself (around 10%), so I won’t be able to roll that into the loan. But their pricing is still the best I could find, and they were easy to deal with. No issues with add ons, extended warranty, blah blah blah. But I suspect when I go to pick it up, they may put the squeeze on.
I am being told 6 to 8 weeks, but who knows. They also told me that the dual top or soft top was holding up some cars, so I switched to black hard top.
Wish me luck, haven’t had a Jeep since college and looking forward to trips to Mammoth, Yosemite, etc.
I live about 3 miles from Jim Marsh. Usually Vegas dealers are horrible with pricing. I bought my 2016 JK from Arizona and made the trip up there when it was delivered. I got a great deal from Jim Marsh. I was initially told 4 weeks which I knew wasn't going to happen after being on this forum. They were a little distant after I placed the order. I would be the one reaching out to them. I ordered the first Ocean Blue that was delivered to Vegas. It took 11 weeks and 3 days. I did get the Mopar 5 year warranty since I was told it would cover the electronics. I paid $1700 for it. (not sure if that was a good price.) There were also no other unknown add ons. Just the typical crazy 399$ fee along with a $28.25 title fee. This will be the longest wait of your life but congratulations on the order!

travelboysteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fusion, ProMaster Van, FR3 MH
Ordered mine from Jim Marsh, (Antonio), on Feb 5th.
I'm in paint now, "F" status.
Full loaded Rubi - 2 dr. (Avitar)

As for the wait?
Glad it happened looking back.
All the issues that came out of the 1st batch of JLU's, like ECM failures, head unit issues, welds, etc. oh yeah, patience is paying off I believe.

2 doors are being built, so timing on JLU's? not sure,... who really knows
Complaining, bad mouthing the company, does dick all to get it faster.

It's a small price we pay for a "custom" ordered vehicle.
I say to folks who are bummed, (like me) about waiting,..well, the other option is to go get one off the lot.
You'll pay boat loads more AND, you'll either get, or NOT get what you really want.
I'm getting about $7k off lot price, so yes, I'll wait, sucks, but I'll wait.

Been enjoying Eddie's videos, and look forward to the aftermarket getting things dialed in so we all have a better selection.

There is a price to pay for being 1st,........

We'll all get our toys,........

Now,...everyone into the lotus pose for some deep breathing,......

:please:

:cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

who did you talk to at Jim Marsh? I'm also in social and looking for a JLUR

Sponsored

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I live in San Diego and ordered a JLUR through Antonio on 4/26. Just waiting now. Can't wait to bring it home!

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm also in socal and bought my JLUR from Jim marsh 2 months ago. It took 42 days after I made my deposit. The dealers around me in socal didnt want to deal, riverside jeep wanted MSRP +TTL for a JLUR they had in stock, the temecula Jeep said they would order me one for 1% under invoice plus $300 off.

Im very happy with the deal I got with Jim marsh, no BS and good customer service

Jeepeninutah

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
My JLUR was ordered on 4-23. Delivered to them today. 3 weeks on the nose. But it was so fast my my affiliate membership is not up yet and I have to wait until next week to head down.

Equinox

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
My JLUR was ordered on 4-23. Delivered to them today. 3 weeks on the nose. But it was so fast my my affiliate membership is not up yet and I have to wait until next week to head down.
Wow!! That’s really fast! I ordered on 4/26. No word on ETA yet though.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So I am ordering from them today, Antonio/Mariana. I am also in SoCa (Orange County) and not one dealer would deal. One dealer I spoke to was the owner and he and the others basically said "good luck, you will never get that deal. they will throw something else in at delivery". I am glad to hear everything is as stated.

For those that have done this can you please explain the CA DMV process and what is needed. So far my research is I will pay the tax for my zip which is 7.75% and then I used the "fee calculator" and it appears title etc will be $580. Do I have to go into the DMV or can I do this through the AAA office like I do for so many DMV things? Also it appears that I cannot pay for this with a Credit Card (to get points) and have to pay via check etc., true?

Sponsored

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I welcome any fixes to this list especially from someone who's done it... but, here's what I have determined you need to do if you buy your car in Las Vegas but you live in California:

Within 10 days of your purchase:
  1. Have dealership complete a Verification of Vehicle (Form REG 31) https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/052f05b3-ea4f-4cde-b017-3d970b8ea1a4/reg31.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
    (if they are "licensed vehicle verifier" or a "DMV Agent" - if not, it needs to be filled out by the DMV or law enforcement)

2. Have your car insurance company send you a binder indicating you have car insurance for your new car.

3. Gas it up and drive it home.

4. Get a California smog check. ($30-$70) It goes without saying you'll have to fix any problems - like in the unlikely event that the catalytic converter was removed in Vegas or something.

5. Complete an application for title registration (Form REG 343)
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/c...&CACHEID=8c4e5fdb-a44e-44f6-853b-eabd471afdaa

6. Bring to DMV:

Out of State registration documents
    Current license plates
    Completed REG 31 Verification of Vehicle (completed by authorized DMV agent, law enforcement, or a licensed vehicle verifier)
    Completed REG 343 Application for Title Registration
    Title
    Smog Certificate
    Bill of Sale
    Proof of Insurance

7. For Custom Plates Transfer:
    Must fill out: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/6d97bdef-c5b1-46ee-a558-28ab938e4ec3/reg17.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
    Choose "REASSIGN, RETAIN, RELEASE INTEREST" and "REASSIGN" to transfer plates and bring this to DMV as well.

8. Use this link to determine your fees at the DMV (The link includes taxes!):
    https://www.dmv.ca.gov/wasapp/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

Last edited:

timkim

First Name
tae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
i ordered it on 04/10 or 12. i never got any status update from dealer. always used jeep chat.
he doesn't reply most of emails. probably too busy with sales. i guess they are the only one near Scal with this discount.
I just found out today that my jeep is done building and ready to ship. few more weeks i guess.
i also live in Orange county!

CoolTech

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I will have to get to Vegas for pick up, then I will have to take care of taxes and registration in CA myself
Not that it is a big deal, but you will also have to get the jeep smogged as well.

OP
OP

Kissell

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks, yes I figured on smog.
Super encouraged by the 3 week turnaround above. I was expecting about 8 weeks but maybe Jeep is starting to get their act together. Would love to have it before July 4th.
Sponsored