bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon in FireCracker Red - Loaded
8C6B520F-BC05-4689-A2A9-0DE947874F76.jpeg
Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.

My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.
Sponsored

Azixo

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 Turbo (soon)
8C6B520F-BC05-4689-A2A9-0DE947874F76.jpeg
Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.

My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.
Same here :like:

28278234_1600732726669714_1705843175_o.jpg

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
Congratulations on that! I also recently ordered a Red JLUR, but left the fenders / top black and skipped on the proximity key / upgraded wheels.

Can't wait until we are all enjoying these this summer!

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
Ordered mine Monday but left the top black and also skipped on the proximity key & Smokers Group.
Unfortunately Austin area dealers are not coming off MSRP much...
Thinking about canceling and going out of state!

PaulD

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98, 03, 09 &13 Wranglers
Ordered mine Monday but left the top black and also skipped on the proximity key & Smokers Group.
Join Tread Lightly and pay Invoice -1%. The Dealers by me wanted MSRP as well.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
We are traveling from Oregon Coast to Idaho to pick up our Firecracker JLUR currently in D1 status...very excited!!! pitted 2 oregon dealers against Dave Smiths in Idaho and since I’m a repeat customer Daves couldn’t be beat. The JL drives so nice especially around sweeping corners... should aleviate the car sick passenger problem the JK had.

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Same here :like:

28278234_1600732726669714_1705843175_o.jpg
You might want to double check with your dealer, this one is a dealer stock order and not a customer order which gets priority from my understanding. It should say 4EA SOLD ORDER under sales code and description
Also, bottom left under retail order should say 1-SOLD ORDER. someone else should chime in thou.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
You might want to double check with your dealer, this one is a dealer stock order and not a customer order which gets priority from my understanding. It should say 4EA SOLD ORDER under sales code and description
Also, bottom left under retail order should say 1-SOLD ORDER. someone else should chime in thou.
Pretty sure if you’re ordering one that hasn’t been built you get a VON followed by the VIN, then you can track its status as its built at the factory..maybe this one had all the options the buyer wanted but had been preordered by the dealer already? Just a guess.... when I ordered mine the orders were sent out on 2/5..by 2/8 I had my VIN and a few days later it went to D followed by D1 status.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Just reread your post.. and it said what I said.. dealer stock order... lol.. time for bed

Sponsored

Azixo

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure if you’re ordering one that hasn’t been built you get a VON followed by the VIN, then you can track its status as its built at the factory..maybe this one had all the options the buyer wanted but had been preordered by the dealer already? Just a guess.... when I ordered mine the orders were sent out on 2/5..by 2/8 I had my VIN and a few days later it went to D followed by D1 status.
Yea got the VIN and VON a few days later.

EDB55244-8CCB-4A62-BE8B-A3A072D5FB54.jpeg

Azixo

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot mention this the VIN and VON.

6919A877-0907-451E-A423-EC4B8C262497.jpeg

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Definitely head out of state, there are many dealers that are 3-5% under invoice. I received 5% under and I’m flying from Portland Oregon to Spokane Washington then grabbing a 45 minute ride to Idaho. They could ship it for $500 but I’d rather use the drive for break-in purpose. There are several dealer threads on here that may even get one shipped to you for at or under invoice pricing. Even if you decided to fly then drive being in Austin you’ll have a maximum of 3 days no matter where you went..in the end, all that matters is that you are happy with your Jeep!!

OP
OP
bueller44

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon in FireCracker Red - Loaded
Just used the Chat feature on the Chrysler site. This waiting thing is pretty hard. I'm use to making a decision and then buying it and driving it home. I know it will be worth it.

Here is the answer I received to what my current status is after 10 since placing the order with my dealer.

"Thank you so much Mike I have a found a status on your vehicle at this time your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. Most orders are scheduled for build within 30 days after reaching this stage"

I confirmed that this is indeed D status.

I also asked what the typical time frame is from when an order is received to when it is SHIPPED and she stated 12-16 weeks. I sure hope mine is faster than that without sacrificing quality of the build!!

In the meantime, it's time to start removing my mods from the JKU.

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Yep thats what I have on my invoice.
Sponsored