So how many here have ordered a 2023?

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
Northern New Jersey, 10 minutes from NYC.
that's why ou got it so quickly. Think it was coming from Ohio.. I'm in L.A. and if it's coming on a train it takes about 3 wks..many stops prob.

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
that's why ou got it so quickly. Think it was coming from Ohio.. I'm in L.A. and if it's coming on a train it takes about 3 wks..many stops prob.
Mine shipped Oct 19 with est delivery Nov 10... i'm in Colorado No further updates

Sponsored

dabial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara, waiting patiently 2023 Rubicon
Figured there were some backordered items holding things up

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
We ordered a 2023 JLUR on 9-19 it is still just confirmed. I was told by a dealer that the safety groups are unavailable right now. And I ordered all of them. So I’m wondering if that is the hold up on mine
I'm not sure if you already have a JL or not, but the safety groups suck.

I have test driven Jeeps with them and did not want them on my JL (the nanny crap that it already comes with is enough of a pain in the ass; you can't have the door open while the vehicle is in gear, for example... it auto parks. Absolute pain in the ass over the minimal nanny stuff in my old JK). I have a 392 on order, and you are forced to have all of it with the 392, but if I could have ordered it without the safety crap, I absolutely would have.

Just throwing this out there because it may not be too late to change your order and potentially receive the Jeep faster.

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
I'm not sure if you already have a JL or not, but the safety groups suck.

I have test driven Jeeps with them and did not want them on my JL (the nanny crap that it already comes with is enough of a pain in the ass; you can't have the door open while the vehicle is in gear, for example... it auto parks. Absolute pain in the ass over the minimal nanny stuff in my old JK). I have a 392 on order, and you are forced to have all of it with the 392, but if I could have ordered it without the safety crap, I absolutely would have.

Just throwing this out there because it may not be too late to change your order and potentially receive the Jeep faster.
...and I regret not getting at least the basic safety group to at least help with my parking!! haha. You do get a small break on your insurance, but I had to cut back and it was at least a grand.

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
...and I regret not getting at least the basic safety group to at least help with my parking!! haha. You do get a small break on your insurance, but I had to cut back and it was at least a grand.
I am glad you live several states away if you can't park a Wrangler without a "safety" add-on 😂

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
I am glad you live several states away if you can't park a Wrangler without a "safety" add-on 😂
yes, you'd better look out. No actually I thought it might activate close calls, even if it's the other driver's fault just to lower risk.

Sponsored

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
yes, you'd better look out. No actually I thought it might activate close calls, even if it's the other driver's fault just to lower risk.
The best way to lower risk is to back into a parking space.

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
The best way to lower risk is to back into a parking space.
I'm not too worried about my parking actually but I'll try this more often. (The visibility in my Prius is dangerous but I think it'll be better in the Wrangler). I saw a guy do just this, zoom backwards into a parking space and he was fast and only used his mirrors. I had to comment on how excellently he drove, and apparently he was a racer .

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm not too worried about my parking actually but I'll try this more often. (The visibility in my Prius is dangerous but I think it'll be better in the Wrangler). I saw a guy do just this, zoom backwards into a parking space and he was fast and only used his mirrors. I had to comment on how excellently he drove, and apparently he was a racer .
Just throw a 12" lift on, and you'll see over everything including small children, but survival of the fittest, right?

mlz

First Name
micki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking to buy wrangler
Just throw a 12" lift on, and you'll see over everything including small children, but survival of the fittest, right?
I just heard though that indeed this has become a problem with the bigger vehicles, trucks, etc.ACK!

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just heard though that indeed this has become a problem with the bigger vehicles, trucks, etc.ACK!
Only when driven by absent minded people / bad drivers, hence federal requirements for all new vehicles to have backup cameras... but still no federal requirement for all vehicles to have automatic headlamps AND/OR to force headlamps to turn on when speeds exceed (something like) 3 mph... There are way too many idiot drivers these days driving around without their lights on, but thinking they are on because the dashboard is lit up or their DRLs are on.
Sponsored