First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I am glad you live several states away if you can't park a Wrangler without a "safety" add-on šŸ˜‚

No insult to anyone here, but I agree that these park thingamabobs are a nice luxury add on but not necessary in a 4 wheel "Consumer" vehicle. If you drive a bus or Semi tractor, then yes, they are very helpful. So in adding to this, my wife when she drives the Jeep uses the backup camera and almost always hits the garage wall next to the door. (We had to back it in to reach the charger cord. I traded the 4xe for the new XR Rubi.) I get frustrated at her for using the camera as it is more of a hinderance. Shit, we both have been driving for almost 40 years and never had this crap. We came from cars having no passenger side mirror! I still back in all my vehicles since we have a side-load garage. I prefer to pull out and drive in the morning.
Sponsored

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
I ordered a 392 on aug 22 and still in ā€œcā€ status. 90 days and counting. Ugh. Absolutely ridiculous
Same with mine that I ordered on August 25. Hopefully there will be some movement soon.

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
Still D status for me. VIN does not show up for me, but the dealer was able to pull it up. I requested a color change a month ago, but no contact from Jeep- no idea which color I will get - does not really matter. It will be sting gray or sarge green. Sad Gobi was not an option for 2023. Also sad that the tan soft top is no longer available- looks good with sarge green
I thought that once you are in D, you cannot make any changes.

FinallyaWillys

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Willys
I thought that once you are in D, you cannot make any changes.
I do not know the stages of production, but made my request before the VIN number. The dealer said if the body has not been put together yet, they may change colors.

Sponsored

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
Ordered JLU Rubicon on 11/18
3.6 auto
Punkin
Xtreme Recon
Tow
Body color hardtop
Body color flairs

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
Donā€™t count on it. I called my dealership right after that dude posted. They donā€™t know shit
Yeah, Iā€™m just counting on configurations similarity and hope that means something. Iā€™m confident you are correct in the dealerships, knowing very little more than we do. I do believe somewhere there is a method to the madness, and the configurations makes sense for production efficiency, taking into account stuff, like tax breaks for the electric vehicles. Who knows. Just hoping.

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, Iā€™m just counting on configurations similarity and hope that means something. Iā€™m confident you are correct in the dealerships, knowing very little more than we do. I do believe somewhere there is a method to the madness, and the configurations makes sense for production efficiency, taking into account stuff, like tax breaks for the electric vehicles. Who knows. Just hoping.
If yā€™all were following the real 2023 orders thread and not the 2023 Orders Jr. thread, youā€™d know what the method to the madness isā€¦ I outlined it over there in Posts #8,957, #9,693, and #9,697
Sponsored