First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Off the shelf at Auto Zone, $13 I think. The base is flexible rubber with a spiral wire wrapped around a glass rod under shrink tube. I don't use FM at all anymore, but when I tested it it was still picking up Detroit and Toledo stations clearly from Monroe. The only AM I listen to is WJR....and thats a monster powerhouse, so of course it came in clear. The real test is to see how long it holds a station north of Pinconning....which I won't be able to do until memorial day.
Thanks.. WWJ for Traffic on AM, and morning drive radio on FM is about all I care about. Working in Southfield, I drive "towards" the broadcasts. :)
Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Haven't done them yet. I have a TitanII vinyl cutter, so I can make whatever I want (if I am talented enough to weed it! LOL). I know I want to replace the Rubicon hood lettering, and make a new hood decal. Any of the Jeep stickers I decide to keep, I'll redo in reflective black. I have a windshield banner that I never put on my JKU that I want to add (upside down: If you can read this... don't call my husband!) and I want to replicate the "This is NOT my husband's Jeep!!!" sticker that was bought for me before I got my own cutter...

Oh, the possibilities! :idea:
Seen this "In this Jeep, the boy rides bitch".

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I did this on the JK I had. Since the mirror has its mount on the very top of the mirror assembly, flipping it stuffs the mirror up into the top of the frame, giving you a few extra inches of visibility. I had completely forgot I did this until I saw this post.

I immediately replaced the Sport S street donuts with 33" KO2's, removed the air dam, put on a smaller flexible antenna, and added Rigid long range cubes to the A-pillar. The only other things Id really like to do are add a set of Rubi sliders, and maybe a winch (with an associated bumper). The factory low/ hi/ fog lights actually work VERY well for halogen, so adding any more lights other than the Side Shooters won't do much other than make my jeep look like a brodozer. (since I wheel in the dense forests of norther MI)

eEttvV9l.jpg
Really like those Rigid lights what mount did you use.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Really like those Rigid lights what mount did you use.

Rough Country.

They don't sell them separate......so I bought their entire cube kit just to rob the mounts.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
So far:

Locking gas cap
15” shorty antenna
Plasti-dipped “trail rated” badge
Removed Jeep Emblems and stickers
Plasti-dipped roof panels
Roam Side Steps
BlackSys dash cam
Door sill guards
Spare tire cover

Future plans:

Powder coat/ new wheels
Exhaust
Steel front bumper
Led headlights
Led fogs
New horn
Gas cap cover
Maybeeeee vinyl wrap

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Big Al D

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I did this on the JK I had. Since the mirror has its mount on the very top of the mirror assembly, flipping it stuffs the mirror up into the top of the frame, giving you a few extra inches of visibility. I had completely forgot I did this until I saw this post.

I immediately replaced the Sport S street donuts with 33" KO2's, removed the air dam, put on a smaller flexible antenna, and added Rigid long range cubes to the A-pillar. The only other things Id really like to do are add a set of Rubi sliders, and maybe a winch (with an associated bumper). The factory low/ hi/ fog lights actually work VERY well for halogen, so adding any more lights other than the Side Shooters won't do much other than make my jeep look like a brodozer. (since I wheel in the dense forests of norther MI)

eEttvV9l.jpg
Did you use the spot, driving, or flood for this position and what was your thinking?

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you use the spot, driving, or flood for this position and what was your thinking?
Spot spot spot.

I'm under the mentality that you only want spots in the A-pillar because any diffused or scattered light will reflect off your hood and inhibit your natural night vision.

The Rigid spot beam is so tight I get almost no scatter in the hood. Nothing like the KC Daylighter spots I had on my JK.

The video doesn't give the Rigids full justice. The camera adjusts quickly to compensate. They're not shockingly bright, but they are a nice enhancement to the high beams and give useful bright reflected light out to 500 yards. The side shooter beam is what makes these things rock.

Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I know this is ultra personal, but what are some other small upgrades that you feel are must do within a few months of owning your new JL?
Wheel locks. Decent floor mats. Maybe a drop-in K&N element when it becomes available.

I'll do tires after I wear out the OEM rubber.

JLR-AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So as much as a 35" or 37" tires would be an awesome early upgrade it is probably a bit early to be biting off that much of an upgrade this early after purchase. So what are the small upgrades to make the most of your JL day to day? I had a couple that I have either done or working towards, they include-

1. Hardtop hoist for the garage
2. Wall mount for the doors
3. Mirrors for the door-less Jeep
4. New smaller antenna

I know this is ultra personal, but what are some other small upgrades that you feel are must do within a few months of owning your new JL?
Has anyone tuned their JL yet? Superchips?

JLR-AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Air intake (aFe, available mid-August) and exhaust cat back!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Can you expound upon that? What product did you use? How did you apply? Were there any lingering fumes inside when you put the top back on??
The product is called Plasti-Dip and it comes in a spray can that you can get at any Home Depot or hardware store. There are other brands that are essentially the same product.

I took the panels off and masked the edges that are foam or rubber. Spray 2 or 3 light coats evenly waiting 10-15 minutes in between before applying heavier coats. I did get some complaints about the odor but it goes away within 2 days. You may also want to spray a light coat of clear (I chose a satin to prevent glare) to prevent peeling.
Sponsored